PDA

View Full Version : FlightScenery Website is finally gone

falcon409
August 3rd, 2009, 03:54
Well, it took a while, but the group who gave us an amazing set of Airport Scenery Enhancements has finally pulled the plug it seems. I decided to go back to the forums one more time to see if anyone had figured out a better way of incorporating Portland into the FSX environment without the huge Frame hits it caused initially, only to get a "404, Page not found" error. There were a few folks working on their own, trying to come up with a fix to allow Portland to work with FSX since the original designer walked off the job and never came back.

Does anyone know if a final fix was ever worked out and if so, now that the site is gone, is there somewhere that it can still be found?

gajit
August 3rd, 2009, 04:07
I still miss the amazing detail and framerates that were offered by those 2 exceptional products.

Such a shame.

MCDesigns
August 3rd, 2009, 07:19
Sad news, but expected. Would have been great to have an FSX version of this scenery. I got lots of use out of their east coast scenery, but hardly any out of Portland since I bought it right before FSX came out and FS9 was deleted shortly after since I was told there would be an FSX version, bummer.