PDA

View Full Version : REX 2.0 Now Released :)

JayKae
August 3rd, 2009, 03:36
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Real Environment Simulations is pleased to announce the release of Real Environment Xtreme 2.0 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X.<o:p></o:p>
REX 2.0 is the long awaited update to the award-winning Real Environment Xtreme. Many additions and enhancements as well as user-reported errors have have been addressed. <o:p></o:p>
REX 2.0 is a powerful, hi-definition, photo real texture environment created from state-of-the-art photography and processes. This new technology is tightly integrated with an upgraded flight planner and newly developed weather engine to give the user the most realistic experience yet within flight simulation.<o:p></o:p>
REX 2.0 is priced at $39.95, although the update is availabe at the FlightSimStore.com free of charge to current customers. <o:p></o:p>
Beta testing phases for the FS9 version of REX 2.0 will commence shortly after the release of REX 2.0 for FSX.<o:p></o:p>
For more information, please visit: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com<o:p></o:p>
For discussions, please visit: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php<o:p></o:p>
For purchase information, please visit: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=809<o:p></o:p>

bushpilot
August 3rd, 2009, 04:04
Hey thanks for the heads up. I've been dodging this addon for a long time, but just went and purchased... dang it's a whopping big download:jump:

bushpilot
August 3rd, 2009, 04:15
LOL that FFS2Go tool gives me 30kb/s speed. REX won't be here even tomorrow. Should that be so slow?

JayKae
August 3rd, 2009, 04:18
The 30k/bps is WAY too slow, I just tried it quicly and I am averaging 1.6m/bps. You are in Finland so that might have to do with it. My suggestion would be to stop the download, delete all files, clear your cache/temp files and try it again, the CDN will 99% sure redirect you to 'another server'

bushpilot
August 3rd, 2009, 04:22
OK. I have 10Mbit connection, but it's connected on shared 100Mbit line. Maybe someone is hogging my bandwidth. It is now a tad faster though, I'll wait and see what happens.:wavey:

bushpilot
August 3rd, 2009, 04:28
Sorry about the spamming, but it's now 750K/sec. I think that'll do.:bump:

JayKae
August 3rd, 2009, 04:28
Okies mate, let me know how you go ok? From memory if you go back into your FSS account there is also seperate links for all the seperate parts of the actual file :

Tweek
August 3rd, 2009, 04:59
I take it with this FSS2Go, it will automatically download version 2 now? I had version 1 and wouldn't want to download the exact same thing again!

Edit: Wait, disregard that. I see the update!

spotlope
August 3rd, 2009, 06:18
Well that was a nice surprise! The first email I saw this morning was the REX 2.0 announcement. In the time it took me to tweet about it, the download had completed. I'm very curious about this new weather engine.:medals::medals:

bushpilot
August 3rd, 2009, 06:46
Okies mate, let me know how you go ok?

Okay, download good (very speedy), installation not so good. I'm switching to official support forums:wavey:

spotlope
August 3rd, 2009, 07:00
There's a little strangeness with the config options screen and some unhandy flashing of the monitor while the textures update, but other than that it seems to be working okay.

MCDesigns
August 3rd, 2009, 07:22
Hmm, might have to pick this up now that I have a new rig and can fly in real weather! :ernae:

atf300
August 3rd, 2009, 08:40
what exactly is new in version 2.0 .

i was only using the old version for the textures and asx for the weather engine

limjack
August 3rd, 2009, 09:36
what exactly is new in version 2.0 .

i was only using the old version for the textures and asx for the weather engine

http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php?topic=3719.0

Jim

noddy
August 3rd, 2009, 12:28
Now I wonder if FEX will now get an up date?

calypsos
August 3rd, 2009, 13:52
Huh, I dream of 30kb/second, I am lucky to get a third of that!!!!

scoutII
August 3rd, 2009, 16:00
Like it so far....

heywooood
August 3rd, 2009, 17:27
well I just downloaded it from the email link I got at the bottom of the page they sent me and it downloaded and installed properly - no problems.

they have redressed the GUI and it is better than before - it looks like they have made some improvements in the cloud and water textures to reduce the FPS impact slightly - thats always good.

The lighting seems to have been sharpened too - so that I can now distinctly discern multiple runway lights at a distance where before they would blend and look as one....at least it seems to me that this is changed.

I see a new selection in 'themes' for 'sounds and audio' coming soonish?

I have only just tonight installed this update so I guess I'll need some more time with it to see what else they have changed - but so far so good - it didn't break anything that I can see.

Thanks REX dudes:guinness:

CG_1976
August 3rd, 2009, 21:59
Beautiful taking off from no were Attu Casco Cove CGAS with REX 2.0

bushpilot
August 4th, 2009, 00:55
I'm really impressed about the quality of the REX textures. I especially like some of the dusk and dawn sky variants, that seem to make air around you "glow". And there are some really impressive storm clouds:applause:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/rex1.jpg

scoutII
August 4th, 2009, 14:47
Gets better and better - and wow when you sit on the runway and the clouds roll past you:applause: