PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish?

ndicki
August 3rd, 2009, 01:18
I've found lots of skins for a Fairey Swordfish on Canon's IL-2 skins site - but I can't see the aircraft anywhere! Am I missing something..?

(Yes, I know - I do sometimes mess about with IL-2 as well!)

OK, panic over. Found it.

miamieagle
August 3rd, 2009, 06:06
Where?

ndicki
August 3rd, 2009, 10:25
http://allaircraftarcade.com

redriver6
August 3rd, 2009, 12:06
i downloaded it awhile back but didn't do something right in the install. guess i may try again.

Talon
August 3rd, 2009, 18:47
I got it a while back also but just installed it today and it works fine.

Talon

redriver6
August 3rd, 2009, 18:56
so Talon...what did you do exactly...this seems to be the only mod i've had trouble with. 'i think' i'm following the directions but when i try to run the game i get to 60% and ctd..

i know its the Swordfish causing the problem because when i delete it the game loads:isadizzy:

Talon
August 3rd, 2009, 19:30
The first thing I noticed was the buttons was a bigger file than what I had in my mods.Here's install readme I have.

1- install the enclosed buttons file only if you do not have it[most will have it]
2) install the mods folder into your IL-2-1946 main game root folder
answer ''yes to all'' when prompted.
3) add the following line to your air.ini file (to be found under MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects)
SwordfishMkI air.Swordfish1 1 NOINFO gb01 SUMMER
4) add the following line to your plane_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)
SwordfishMkI Swordfish Mk I, 1936
4) add the following lines to your weapons_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)
################################################## ###################
# Swordfish MkI
SwordfishMkI.default Default
SwordfishMkI.1_1xTorpedo 1 x Torpedo
SwordfishMkI.2_3x500lb 3 x 500 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.3_1x500lb+4x250lb 1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.4_1x500lb+8x100lb 1 x 500 lb + 8 x 100 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.5_3x500lb+8xflare 3 x 500 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.6_1xtorpedo+8xflare 1 x Torpedo + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.7_1x500lb+4x250lb+8xflare 1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.none Empty

redriver6
August 3rd, 2009, 20:27
hmm this is the readme in my version...guess i better go look again..

Fairey Swordfih MkI by 6°Stormo "Diavoli Rossi"
This is a beta version of the new Swordfish Mk1 aircraft model.
The 3D model has been made by 6Sc.Tamat; the import, java classes coding and FM was made by 6S.Maraz
This version is compatible with AAA Unified Installer 1.1 and AAA a/c Installer 3.8 or subsequent versions.
(thanks to AAA modding team, see http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum).
This is a beta version, it's not the final product. so we ask all users to accept it as is now, the final version will come soon.
We decided to release this playable beta version to get feedback or bug reports from users, and to increase playability of the
IL-2 game by adding a new /c model, though unfinished.
This beta version has not finished original cockpits: the pilot's cockpit is taken from I-16, while the gunner's cockpit is a very rough version of the original Swordfish gunner's cockpit. The skin of this aircraft is a beta version too.
For the rest, the model is completed and playable. It has full ordnance, including torpedoes, various types of bombs and illuminating flares (these are dropped using the weapons3 key).
The rear gun has two positions: stowed and deployed (ready to fire). The gun automatically deploys when there are enemy aircraft, ships or vehicles around, and stowes again when the threat is away. Can also be deployed/stowed by the player using the airbrake key.
The aircraft has arrestor hook, folding wings and automatically deployed wing slats.
Installation:
1) download and install AAA aircrraft installer 3.8 (or the latest version of AAA installer), courtesy AAA:
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/downloader.php?file=AC_INSTALLER_v3_8.exe
2) unzip the content of the zip file into your IL-2-1946 root folder
3) add the following line to your air.ini file (to be found under MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects)
SwordfishMkI air.Swordfish1 1 NOINFO gb01 SUMMER
4) add the following line to your plane_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)
SwordfishMkI Swordfish Mk I, 1936
4) add the following lines to your weapons_ru.properties file (to be found under MODS\STD\i18n)
# Swordfish MkI
SwordfishMkI.default Default
SwordfishMkI.1_1xTorpedo 1 x Torpedo
SwordfishMkI.2_3x500lb 3 x 500 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.3_1x500lb+4x250lb 1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.4_1x500lb+8x100lb 1 x 500 lb + 8 x 100 lb bombs
SwordfishMkI.5_3x500lb+8xflare 3 x 500 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.6_1xtorpedo+8xflare 1 x Torpedo + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.7_1x500lb+4x250lb+8xflare 1 x 500 lb + 4 x 250 lb bombs + 8 x flares
SwordfishMkI.none Empty
5) enjoy ! :)

Talon
August 16th, 2009, 19:27
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I've been pretty busy.Did you ever get the Swordfish to work?The crash at 60% seems like you don't have the buttons file installed.The Swordfish I have has a new buttons file which it needs to work on game crashes.

Talon

redriver6
August 17th, 2009, 13:24
i don't really know what 'buttons' means:icon_lol:

i have always just put whatever mod i tried into the mods folder and made changes to the air.ini file etc...