PDA

View Full Version : LIC Bellanca Scout

falcon409
August 2nd, 2009, 07:07
I downloaded this last week and while it's an FS9 design, everything ports over nicely, except some of the gauges (6 or 7 actually). I ran the panel through FSPanel Studio and replaced the '98 gauges with ones that are compatible with FSX, however once I saved it and went back into FSX, none of the gauges show. I have a feeling that Windows7 is the culprit here in that the irritating UAC program is at work and not as easily turned off as it was in Vista. It appears that no matter what changes I make to a panel, even after saving, those changes are not saved because of a "security" shield placed on the file. grrrrrr.

Roger
August 2nd, 2009, 07:11
Oh well that's me staying with Vista then..I've tamed it so it's the most stable os I've ever used (1st was Win 95) and boots up really quickly and UAC is most definately OFF!:engel016:

I wonder if you cut and paste the aircraft to desktop then add the new panel/gauges and then introduce it back in to FsX?

spotlope
August 2nd, 2009, 07:27
I've found UAC to be dramatically simpler and easier to use than Vista. Are you sure you're understanding exactly how it works now? Check out this article (http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/07/windows-7-whats-up-with-the-uac) for the details. Since switching to W7 (and turning the UAC slider to "off"), I've had zero problems getting programs to install.

falcon409
August 2nd, 2009, 08:37
Thanks Bill,
I was trying to manipulate the individual folder accesses with no luck at all when all I really needed to do was change the slider settings. I'm guessing now that the thumbnail problems I had earlier were also related to this as well.

Thanks again.

bushpilot
August 2nd, 2009, 09:09
Hey could you point me where you downloaded it? I've been wanting to try Scout out.

falcon409
August 2nd, 2009, 10:06
Flightsim.com
File name: 8gcbc04a.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=70329)

As mentioned, there are approx six '98 style gauges that will not work in FSX and must be replaced, otherwise it's a perfect fit for FSX and comes with a Wheeled, Ski, Float and Tundra Tire version.

bushpilot
August 2nd, 2009, 10:37
Thanks! Will check it out. I hope RealAir would sell Scout separately, because that's all I need.