PDA

View Full Version : Calling Any Dog Patch Crew - Korean Skies

BeauBrummie
August 1st, 2009, 12:06
Since the going offline of Netwings/Korean Skies Website, there's been concern here at SOH about the inability of members to download this wonderful work. As there is no sign of Netwings coming on line in the near future (I welcome any info on this to the contrary), I offer to host KS downloads on my website. Kasey (Grizzly50) took the measure a while ago to store all the relevant files on the PTO FTP, for archival reasons. Using this I can host the files for any early jet jocks. I offer to do this as a service to all CFS3 users.

Regards
Jeff

BeauBrummie
August 2nd, 2009, 02:59
:bump:

Mmmm...looking at the credit list for DPC Korea, there aren't any names seen around here now. Unless they've changed their names of course. Well it was a while ago now.

hairyspin
August 2nd, 2009, 06:24
Please do it, Beau! At least as a temporary measure? :engel016:

and if that doesn't get any copyright holders fizzing with indignation then they should pay more attention to the recent fate of Netwings!

BeauBrummie
August 2nd, 2009, 08:24
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll chat to the current Keepers of the Archve at ETO/PTO as the files I've accessed are on their FTP site. They're somewhat disorganised so they7'll need to be packaged in a rather more friendly way, especially all those extra aircraft.

tenspeed
August 2nd, 2009, 10:19
:bump:

Mmmm...looking at the credit list for DPC Korea, there aren't any names seen around here now. Unless they've changed their names of course. Well it was a while ago now.

I'm still here. But you're right about not seeing many of them around for awhile. I haven't heard from Sterling in years. I had a HD crash and lost his email addy.

The Korean Theatre Construction Set (KTCS) is the collaborative effort of many people. It showcases the scenery, vehicles and aircraft created by the Dogpatch Crew. The members of the crew are:

Spencer “Green_Day” Carter
Sterling “Dakota93” Dedic
Daniel “Strumvogel” Leahy
Dean “tenspeed” Reilly
Ed “GZR_Groundhog” Wilson
Tom “twintrow” Wintrow
Below is the copyright notice included in the upload. Note: "Written Consent". From who? All DPC memebers or the one that spear headed DPC? That would be Sterling. And getting ahold of him might prove to be not very easy. But as a member of that list I would like to see it made easily available to others.
Copyright Notice

This software package is © COPYRIGHT The Dogpatch Crew. All rights reserved.
The package is released to the public as "Freeware" for individual use only. No modifications to the contents, use of the components, uploading, or other redistribution of the package is permitted without written consent.
As a condition of use, you accept that the members of the Dogpatch Crew and Rick Rutherford will not be held responsible for any damage or problems you may encounter through the use of this software package.

FOO FIGHTER
August 3rd, 2009, 13:46
I believe Sturmvogel is here once in a while.

gosd
August 3rd, 2009, 16:46
Beau,Thank you for thaking up this quest:ernae:
I really miss this game there where a lot of good missions made for DPC Korea it would be a shame to lose it all :kilroy:

corpse grinder
August 3rd, 2009, 19:10
I think I have all the files for KTO saved to disk somewhere. I wont release them without the blessing of the rest of the DPC though. Minus Ed of course......:engel016:

BeauBrummie
August 3rd, 2009, 22:14
There's no rush on this so we can take time to do it properly. I've moved into a new PC from XP to Vista, so I'm having to rebuild my websites as all the images need re-attaching as the paths are quite different and I'm using a new version of the website building software.

Seagull V
December 6th, 2010, 14:56
Hello all, I have been updating the DPC Korean War Mustang skins so that they can be used in CFS2 for my own personal use. I would like to upload them when finished, but out of respect for the excellent work done by the DPC I would like to obtain their permission to upload the modified skins.

Have also added several Australian, South African, USAAF, South Korean skins, and would be happy to offer them to the DPC/CFS3 crew as well.

If any of the former members of DPC can contact me by PM it would be much appreciated.

FOO FIGHTER
December 6th, 2010, 15:07
Seagull by all means upload the skins! Myself and others have been uploading skins for DPC's Korean Skies for quite a while now. Permission is not needed if uploading skins only.

HouseHobbit
December 6th, 2010, 15:16
I have started re-flying all of this the last few days..
And it would be a Blessing to all, If this could be
set up on a public site, so it could be shared..

I am Grateful to all who support this..
And I will help in any way I can..
BRAVO...
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Snaker
December 6th, 2010, 17:07
In case people may have missed it the original installation files are available here....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34077