PDA

View Full Version : 'After 50+ Years'

Panther_99FS
July 31st, 2009, 23:46
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123161483 :medals:

Cactuskid
July 31st, 2009, 23:52
We've been expecting them for several weeks. We have a couple of dozen Tweets sitting in the boneyard now. There are still a lot of foreign governments that still fly the T-37 and we'll probably sell them off for parts...

Wanna buy one? :icon_lol:

TomSteber
August 1st, 2009, 02:03
There were three of them at Oshkosh. Two of them for sale. All done up in Vietnam colors. $625,000 I believe. I didn't see anyone lined up with their checkbook out, but I'm sure someone will. Nice aircraft. GREAT sound!

cheezyflier
August 1st, 2009, 08:00
now what we really need is a texan 2 for fsx. that's a pretty cool plane as well

Daveroo
August 1st, 2009, 08:08
We've been expecting them for several weeks. We have a couple of dozen Tweets sitting in the boneyard now. There are still a lot of foreign governments that still fly the T-37 and we'll probably sell them off for parts...

Wanna buy one? :icon_lol:
yes i want two...one in trainer configuration and one in coin? or whatever its called...ya know south american armed version....

tigisfat
August 1st, 2009, 08:14
now what we really need is a texan 2 for fsx. that's a pretty cool plane as well

There is one for fsx from IRIS that many like, but my personal opinion is that it's poorly executed and doesn't fly at all like it should.

Gzr Green Bean
August 1st, 2009, 11:42
Maybe you like the sound from outside, but right now I have a 65 db hearing loss in my left ear in the 6000-9000Hz range due to flying the dogwhistle for the minimum 156 hours or what ever it was in UPT (44 YEARS AGO) .When I got to T-38s it was a major improvement not only in performance and pleasure, but because the airplane was much quieter , especailly in the higher frequency ranges.

Flying the Tweet was like stnading in the band with the Who on concert.

GB

jmig
August 1st, 2009, 15:27
Maybe you like the sound from outside, but right now I have a 65 db hearing loss in my left ear in the 6000-9000Hz range due to flying the dogwhistle for the minimum 156 hours or what ever it was in UPT (44 YEARS AGO) .When I got to T-38s it was a major improvement not only in performance and pleasure, but because the airplane was much quieter , especailly in the higher frequency ranges.

Flying the Tweet was like stnading in the band with the Who on concert.

GB

Is that why the hearing in my left ear is worse than my right? :jump: I remember that thing WAS hi piercing.

Panther_99FS
August 2nd, 2009, 07:02
We've been expecting them for several weeks. We have a couple of dozen Tweets sitting in the boneyard now.

There have been times when I've missed being stationed at DM - But then again, I'm also now looking forward to my new challenge :mixedsmi: