PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Wiki insults

Autothrottle
July 31st, 2009, 21:55
Does anybody out there feel this way about the critics of the game? I recently read an article on Wikipedia about the CFS3 game. Why is it that people think the game is all about one player winning the war all by themselves? I played CFS1 for ten years and there was only one pilot in the whole game: ME! The ai wingmen did all sorts of stupid things that they weren't supposed to do and even if you were killed or died in the campaign, you could still refly the next mission! At least in CFS3 the game leans more towards realism than Fantasy. The ai wingmen actually do as you say and when you die thats it, no more coming back, just like the real Aces of WW2. Also, CFS3 seems to be more involved in player strategy than in previous versions. It seems to me that whoever wrote that article is not a CFS3 player.

ndicki
July 31st, 2009, 23:40
It strikes me that somewhere the marketing strategy went wrong, and then they released the sim before it was finished. CFS3 out of the box compared pretty poorly visually speaking to IL-2, and the majority of those who bought it in the beginning were not the realism fans, but the shoot-it-up fans. The potential of CFS3 escaped them. They wanted a from-the-box online product like IL-2, not a basis for a DIY sim as CFS3 has proven to be. As a result, CFS3 got a slamming in the early days which it has not managed to escape from, despite the fact that it has largely surpassed IL-2 - at least in my humble opinion!

Autothrottle
August 1st, 2009, 00:05
I wish Microsoft would have taken their time to evaluate the product before shipping it out. The stock aircraft are all grossly exaggerated.

NachtPiloten
August 1st, 2009, 04:45
..... and the majority of those who bought it in the beginning were not the realism fans, but the shoot-it-up fans. The potential of CFS3 escaped them. They wanted a from-the-box online product like IL-2, not a basis for a DIY sim as CFS3 has proven to be.

Well we have many of those folks around here still. Those who would rather have an arcade type game than one which pushed the limits of your skill and modeled how truly difficult it was to be a good pilot. IMHO

miamieagle
August 1st, 2009, 04:53
In my opinion CFS3 was a big dissapointment out of the Box. I believe many others felt the same way.We though we where going to get a improve version of CFS2 with a World map instead we got a very limit Sim with screwing a DCG and weird looking panel and exterior view. Now through its developers it has become a very good Simulators after many years of development.

Now I do not consider it the best Simulator in the Market. No Simulator desrves that Tittle since it will always be up to the individual Simmer to decide that. But it sure is a Good one.

I want to thank all does of you who have dedicated their Talent and time to development of this Sim!

:applause::medals::icon29: