PDA

View Full Version : RAF Personnel

Pat Pattle
July 31st, 2009, 09:42
Evening all,

I remembered recently that Phillipe Backes made some excellent crewmen in Gmax for cfs2 and put the source models up on SoH. I've tried modelling humans myself and it's not easy so I asked Phillipe and he's very happy for his to be used in cfs3 too. There's around a dozen or so characters, mostly US Navy based but open to mod into anything basically. Once converted I'll put the modded source up on SoH for CFS3 use.

Here's the Tower crew converted to RAF uniform and awaiting 'A' flight to return to West Malling. Human characters really add someting I feel. Cheers Phillipe! :)

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3ETORAFPersonnel1.jpg

BeauBrummie
July 31st, 2009, 11:01
Blimey Pat they're brilliant, apart from a lack of decent RAF type mustaches. As Wing Co 'Bertie' O'Hare said "it doesn't count if it's not 6 inches from wingtip to wingtip!"

BTW you did mention some Lutwaffe types for Lorient:bump::bump:

ndicki
July 31st, 2009, 12:33
Just a minor whinge - if you're wearing Suits Aircrew (battledress to you lot!) then the buttons are black plastic and hidden anyway, and officers' rank is on the epaulettes only. And shoes are black. Otherwise, fantastic work!

Wyld45
July 31st, 2009, 14:37
Nothing brings about the immersion factor better than seeing your folks waiting on you to
make landing after a tough mission. Would really be fantastic to see something similar on
the carriers. Anyone that has played Silent Hunter III or IV knows that complete feeling
where no matter where you went,top or below,and you see your crew right there with you
at every station.

Looks good from here Gents! :ernae:

lewis11777
July 31st, 2009, 15:28
A little more time in the sun wouldn't hurt them.

Pat Pattle
July 31st, 2009, 21:18
A little more time in the sun wouldn't hurt them

You've never been to England have you Lewis? :icon_lol:

Just a minor whinge - if you're wearing Suits Aircrew (battledress to you lot!) then the buttons are black plastic and hidden anyway, and officers' rank is on the epaulettes only. And shoes are black. Otherwise, fantastic work!

Well they're meant to be officers, I'll see if I can make the jackets longer.
I realised the mistake on the shoes as soon as I posted the piccie!
Thanks for the input Nigel :)

"You're not a fighter pilot, what about your top button?!"
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1005/682710147_3b7292fab0.jpg?v=0

Led Zeppelin
July 31st, 2009, 23:18
excellent! :jump:

BeauBrummie
August 1st, 2009, 05:20
WE need a few more decent chaps like this!

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x47/BeauBrummie/WingcoBertieHoare.jpg

lewis11777
August 1st, 2009, 06:59
You've never been to England have you Lewis? :icon_lol:

No but when I come I guess I can leave my sun bloc at home!

:d

BeauBrummie
August 1st, 2009, 08:17
Too right mate, but do bring your umbrella!

Donnybrooke
August 1st, 2009, 11:26
Those are great! I was wondering if crewmen could be added to the "drop-deck" aircraft carriers. The island always looked empty without
the exec eye-ing my take-off. :kilroy:

hairyspin
August 2nd, 2009, 06:17
Too right mate, but do bring your umbrella!

You mean snorkel. At Culdrose Air Day last week, I didn't realise the Royal Navy had flying submarines, glug glug glug.