PDA

View Full Version : If everything goes according to plan ...

Snuffy
July 31st, 2009, 04:08
And depending on direction of flight, I should be getting the double sonic boom around 10:40 this morning.

:wiggle:

jmig
July 31st, 2009, 04:28
And depending on direction of flight, I should be getting the double sonic boom around 10:40 this morning.

:wiggle:

:) Would love to see the takeoff and hear that.

PRB
July 31st, 2009, 05:10
I love NASA TV, but sometimes the narrator drives me nuts. They take so long to get to the point! For example, they’re about to brief us, their loyal viewers, on the weather status, and it invariably goes something like this:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“This is the Space Shuttle Control room in Houston Texas where Space Shuttle Endeavor is preparing to return home at a planned landing time of 10:45 on orbit number 248 which is the first landing attempt at the Cape today for which the de-orbit burn will occur in about 35 minutes provided all conditions for landing have been met here at the Cape one of which is weather at the landing facility here at the cape this morning and while we were concerned about thunderstorms to the south of an imaginary circle 30 miles in diameter centered around the landing site here at the Cape these storms are not forming as rapidly as we had thought and they’re moving to the south at 10 miles per hour so they probably won’t be an issue for today’s first attempt at a landing today at the cape here today however we are looking at possible rain showers forming to the north…”

Then my head explodes. :d

Snuffy
July 31st, 2009, 06:59
Welp no boom over my place ... they musta come in from a different direction other than north of NASA. :(