PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Pet Peeve ?

hey_moe
October 20th, 2008, 15:39
I know we all can think of hundreds of them but just list the ones that burn ya up quick:costumes: One of my biggest peeve is when I am driving and I'm in the right hand lane and a car passes me in the left lane and then cuts me off to make a right hand turn..I then look in my rear view mirror and nobody is behind me:angryfir: My next one is when standing in line to buy something and the person in front of me waits until the cashier rings everything up, bags everything and then the person either can't find there check book or doesn't know what credit card to put it on...why didn't they look for this chet while standing in line:angryfir: My last one is when I am at a fast food restaurant, been standing in line forever and the person in front of me has been looking at the menu on the wall for 30 minutes and when it is there turn to order they just stand there and still look at the menu and still don't know what they want, after holding up the line awhile figuring out what they finally want then they can't find enough money to pay for what they order and pay for half with cash and the rest with a credit card and then they have to get the manager to approve it...lol...I ain't hungry no moe:costumes:

NCGent
October 20th, 2008, 16:41
In my 46 years of life I have learned to live with just about everything, like people that look at you on the ground in a pool of your own blood asking "Are you alright?" People that look at you holding your credit card and then ask "Cash or Credit?" I can live with those and many more that at one time would just :censored: me off but now I have but one Pet Peeve that is sure to ruin the best of days...The phone rings, I look at the caller ID (Mine is on the TV)......................And it's my ex wife's number:banghead:.

hey_moe
October 20th, 2008, 16:46
:costumes::costumes:
I have but one Pet Peeve that is sure to ruin the best of days...The phone rings, I look at the caller ID (Mine is on the TV)......................And it's my ex wife's number:banghead:.

Willy
October 20th, 2008, 17:04
In 52 years, I've learned to put up with a lot of foolishness, but a liar or a thief I don't have any use for.

Piglet
October 20th, 2008, 18:51
Tailgaters!:tgun2: Also a minor peeve, those who have dealer names on their plate frames. Are they, or you, getting paid to advertize for them? Or the ones that have the car's brand on them, in addition to the three other places the car's brand is displayed. Are you SURE it's a BMW??
And don't get me started on Baby-on-Board, or Honour Student stickers...

EgoR64
October 20th, 2008, 18:58
:banghead: I can't stand Imitation Butter and 2% friggin milk, want the real stuff. The hell with Cheerios and my damn Cholestorol. Want to eat fried fat beacon and greasy eggs dammit. My weight is fine, if I need to shred pounds then lets do it the old fashion way up down, up down. Next thing you know she be making me eat that rubber sheet 'Tofo'. :isadizzy:

Cloud9Gal
October 20th, 2008, 18:58
Boy, do I have a list of pet peeves for you guys!! Thanks Mike for starting this :d
People constantly clicking the end of their pen.
Grocery carts with one bad wheel that goes "koowee, koowee, kowee".
Greasy salt & pepper shakers.
Towels folded the wrong way.
People racing you to the yield sign
People who flaunt their wealth & status
People who clean their ears & nails in public. Or better yet, the ones who rip their nails and leave the clippings on your floor.
People who drink directly out of the container
Noisy eaters
Dirty keyboards
People too lazy to lift their feet up while walking and all you hear is "shlunk, shlunk, shlunk."
Plastic wrapping around DVD's, CD's, etc. Takes forever to take off. Timewasters!
Bubble gum smackers!
People who don't cover their mouths while yawning or coughing.
People with their feet out of the car window.
Ok so ummmm, yeah...I'm done...I think... OH...one more!!!

16. Ice cream that taste like freezer burn.

OK, OK, done!!!!!

See what you started Mike....again! :173go1:

Cloud9Gal
October 20th, 2008, 18:59
Tailgaters!:tgun2: Also a minor peeve, those who have dealer names on their plate frames. Are they, or you, getting paid to advertize for them? Or the ones that have the car's brand on them, in addition to the three other places the car's brand is displayed. Are you SURE it's a BMW??
And don't get me started on Baby-on-Board, or Honour Student stickers...

Now THAT made me laugh Piglet!!! I forgot that one...LOL! :costumes::costumes:

Piglet
October 20th, 2008, 19:03
One more thing,
Idiots, (and the sales clerks who let them do this), who play the Lotto games while standing in line, and just keep getting new cards/play slips, while the line behind them gets longer and looonnnger...

Prowler1111
October 20th, 2008, 19:06

BUT..but that hits directly 90% of the masculine population...

Prowler

wombat666
October 20th, 2008, 19:43
I haven't found a Peeve to Pet so far, but we do have 6 Beagles, a flock of assorted Australian Native birds and several Possums we regard as pets.
:d

Corsair Freak
October 20th, 2008, 20:07
In random order:

- Guys who's pants are around their knees and their boxers sticking out.

- Those one boots that 99.9% of high school/college girls wear.

- People who drive in the left lane, and only in the left lane forcing you to pass them on the right. The left lane is for passing! :banghead:

CF

OBIO
October 20th, 2008, 22:33
People driving while on the cell phone...or on the cell phone while driving..can't really tell which they are actually doing with real concentration.

People who insist on using their cell phone as walkie talkies, volume cranked up so everyone in the store can hear what the person one the other end is saying, and screaming into the phone so that everyone in the store can hear what they are saying.

People who walk around with those cyborg things clamped onto their ears so they can talk on their cell phones while doing everything...and looking like they are talking to themselves.

Cell phones and everything related to them generally.

People who either have used too much perfume/calogne or not enough soap, water and deodorant.

Basically 99% of the population below the age of 25.

The way every store employee is visible when you don't need help, but once you need help they all disappear like roaches when the lights are turned on.

When I order a cheese burger with no ketchup and no pickles and get it only to find that the only things on it are ketchup and pickles.

The way the workers at fast food restaurants interrupt your order to ask you if "You want fries with that" or "You want that supersized"...and as a result end up getting your order all wrong. Just shut up and type in my order...if I want fries, I'll let you know! Idiots!!!!

People who pass you only to get stuck in traffic directly ahead of you. Got real far didn't ya dumb arse?

OBIO

cheezyflier
October 20th, 2008, 23:09

Noisy eaters

People too lazy to lift their feet up while walking and all you hear is "shlunk, shlunk, shlunk."

somehow, i manage to pick that cart every single saturday!!!!:banghead:

one of my very best friends is a noisy eater. he ate alone when we worked together because of this. he claimed he can't help it. i call b.s. on that one

i won't even start on the pick up your feet thing

In random order:

- Guys who's pants are around their knees and their boxers sticking out.

we had a kid like this at one place i worked. he was trying to work one handed, holding his pants up with the other hand. he was fired on the 3rd day. he only made it that far because he was my best friend's son.

Cell phones and everything related to them generally.

People who either have used too much perfume/calogne or not enough soap, water and deodorant.

The way every store employee is visible when you don't need help, but once you need help they all disappear like roaches when the lights are turned on.

the other day i saw a girl of about 10 riding a bike that was too big for her. she stopped in the middle of the intersection to answer her phone. WTH!!!???

also, the perfume thing makes me nuts, and the way many kids today wear axe (disgusting) instead of bathing.

it was easier to just agree with you guys than actually write my own

hey_moe
October 21st, 2008, 02:02
Have ya ever gone to a sit down restaurant and you were seated and you wait and wait and wait. While sitting there waiting you look around and notice that most customers are eating and three quarters of the place is empty and you wonder WTF in going on....are the employees on strike or what. Finally you give up and leave and on the way out the girl who seated ya says " How was your meal." Have ya ever been reading the paper and ya see something on sale and decide to buy it, drive down to the store and find out they are out of stock and it is also on back order...then you ask the sales person, how can this be, you just opened 5 minutes ago. Ya ever been grocery shopping and while pushing the cart down the food lane you notice another shopper with the cart on the left or right side and they are standing on the other side of the cart bent down blocking the rest of the lane. They wait till you get right up to them and act like they never saw or heard ya....do feel like slamming there cart and saying opps..I didn't see you either..lol.

rpjkw
October 21st, 2008, 04:15
"Cell phones and everything related to them generally."

I hate the cursed things.:banghead::tgun2: I don't have one, maybe that's why.

Thanks for saving me the typing, Obio!.:ernae:

Bob

lifejogger
October 21st, 2008, 04:50
Boy, do I have a list of pet peeves for you guys!! Thanks Mike for starting this :d

People who clean their ears & nails in public. Or better yet, the ones who rip their nails and leave the clippings on your floor.
Noisy eaters
Dirty keyboards
Plastic wrapping around DVD's, CD's, etc. Takes forever to take off. Timewasters!
Bubble gum smackers!

OK, OK, done!!!!!

Are you my wife???? Sounds just like her.:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes:

OBIO
October 21st, 2008, 05:40
I now have a new pet peeve:

People who quote your pet peeve instead of typing their own pet peeve :costumes::costumes:.

OBIO

Wulf190
October 21st, 2008, 06:00
1. Managers and Corporate who say that "CHANGE IS COMMING!" when nothing has changed yet....

2. Agents who just count out and leave with out telling me!:censored:

3. Agents who, as Obio said, disappear like roaches when the light comes on!

3. People who would rather kick ya when your down then give you a hand.

4. Guys who wear their pants around their knees.

5. Customer's when you have to repeat your self 3 times with directions on how to get to your business. USE A MAP, and write down directions. AND STOP PLAYING WITH THE GPS! ITS A TOY!:banghead:

6. Customer's who immediately ask where the lounge or the closest liquor store is.

7. Customer's who tell me to move the roads (or the buisness) when I ask how I can help them.

8. People who use text to sent a lengthy message rather then to call you. YOU HAVE A PHONE D&#%$&^T! USE IT!:censored:

9. (I may get lashed for this) My Mother drives me nuts when she calls 5-8 times a day, just to tell me what the cats are doing!:isadizzy:

This is great group therapy!:d

Cazzie
October 21st, 2008, 06:02
Well, all of you have about covered mine, especially those involving idiot drivers and check-out hassles.

But the one peeve surely to send my BP to the roof is to wait inline at a drive-through window at a bank and the car in front of you has four people and when they pull to the window, they each have to make separate transactions and always one of them has to draw money off savings and takes forever deciding how much, then forever more signing the approval to draw the funds! God, do banks drive me nuts! :banghead:

Caz

hews500d
October 21st, 2008, 06:12
People that "work their arse off" weaving in and out of traffic only to be passed a couple miles down the road as they're exiting the interstate by the line of cars they just weaved in and out of :costumes: Yep they really made LOTS of progress.

People that do now know what the little lever is for in their car that turns the turn signals on and off.

People that follow me approaching a work zone where one lane of traffic is shut down and wait till the lane ends and then try to pass several cars, causing everyone to have to brake for their sorry arse to let them merge.

..Oh I could go on and on !

Darrell

Craig Taylor
October 21st, 2008, 06:47
Well, cars and cell phones have been covered pretty thoroughly already, but I'm surprised no one else has mentioned telemarketers. :censored: It really ticks me off that "No, thank you" apparently isn't sufficient. I hate that politeness on the phone seems to be a lost art these days. And how would you like me to call you during your dinner time? Grrrr...

cheezyflier
October 21st, 2008, 07:01
I now have a new pet peeve:

People who quote your pet peeve instead of typing their own pet peeve :costumes::costumes:.

OBIO

me too!!!!!:costumes:

Snuffy
October 21st, 2008, 07:26
Noisy eaters
Dirty keyboards
Bubble gum smackers!

OK, OK, done!!!!!

Ummm ...

I only have one peeve.

Women with a list longer than mine! :costumes:

Daveroo
October 21st, 2008, 08:04
i used to pet my peeve,but my peeve doesnt work the way a peeve is supposed to work,so my peeve dont get petted the way a peeve should be petted anymore.:isadizzy:

but my friend tracy trys to pet my peeve anyway...and then it spi................no wrong forum

rpjkw
October 21st, 2008, 09:52
:costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes::costumes: :costumes::costumes:

Bob

(Still resisting typing)

brad kaste
October 21st, 2008, 10:21
....At this time of year,...without a doubt,....is the avalanche of obnoxious political ads one is bombarded with. On TV and on the air waves. They never seem to cease. So much mud slinging is done it makes me want to vote for the other candidate. Of course,....the other candidate is pitching the same amount of manure. Some how in their pin head minds they think if they can go negative on the opposition they'll win votes. Fat chance.
Nov.4th isn't come up fast enough for me.

Willy
October 21st, 2008, 10:48
I'd list my latest, but it's too close to being political.

Hiede
October 21st, 2008, 11:30
A man who uses his wifes credit card-Hey_Moe
A man that sends checks that bounce-Hey_Moe.The check for my new card bounced
A man that asks a woman to support him-Hey_Moe again.Asked me to support him but he'll never send me flowers.:costumes:

Still love you Mike:a1089:

Hiede

hey_moe
October 21st, 2008, 11:33
Talk about walk up ATM machines...I hate it when a tird goes to one, inserts there card, takes for ever to do what they are doing...what ever that is then ya find out all they wanted to do was see how much money they have left. Lida tells me that is about what 75% of the trasactions are at the ATM machine...lol. Ya ever been trying to pass someone in a 55 mph lane and they are doing about 40 mph and the car beside them is doing 40.2 mph and it goes on forever....this only happens when ya in a hurry....don't cha feel like passing them and slamming on your breaks and saying " GET DA F__K OVER" And my number one pet peeve... I call the customer up and let them know I should be there in 5 or 10 minutes and then I get to there house and ring the door bell,knock on the door,tap the window, ring the doorbell again...walk back to the truck...call them again and they say sorry...I forgot you were coming or I was on the phone....I stews then

hey_moe
October 21st, 2008, 11:41
What stews me is when a woman says dat...LMAO....Linda got it made and she knows it...ask Panther...he knows who foots da bill...baby cakes can quit work anytime she wants...I got plenty of food stamps to go around. BTW...Linda has never needed to work...I can't get her to retire...got any suggestions.
A man who uses his wifes credit card-Hey_Moe
A man that sends checks that bounce-Hey_Moe.The check for my new card bounced
A man that asks a woman to support him-Hey_Moe again.Asked me to support him but he'll never send me flowers.:costumes:

Still love you Mike:a1089:

Hiede

Henry
October 21st, 2008, 11:49
People using cell phones while driving:banghead:

People like Hey Moe starting threads like this just to make me type :costumes:
waiters bringing one persons food to the table and telling me they are out of what i ordered or telling me it will be a few moments:banghead:

AT&T calling me and asking to switch to them
and i tell them i already am your calling me on an AT&T line
i get a couple a week:banghead:
anything the wife tells me to do:banghead:
H

hey_moe
October 21st, 2008, 13:12
Henry..you ain't right:wavey:

People like Hey Moe starting threads like this just to make me type :costumes:
H

Wittpilot
October 21st, 2008, 13:15
You know something I just thought about on the way home today?? I guess it shouldn't bother me, but it does... People that do not wear their seatbelts, OR people that simply refuse to put their little children safely in a carseat or simply buckled in.... Working in a drive thru for several years, you would not believe some of the things I had seen... Stoned parents, w/ their infants in the back... kids 2 and under climbing around in cars..... that bugs me... I guess that is their choice........ even if it is a stupid one...

-witt

hey_moe
October 21st, 2008, 13:16
I got one question for da group....does it bother any of you guys and girls when right at dinner time the phone rings and someone wanting money or someone wants to make ya money, selling windows,doors,grass care..ect...ect...cus it piss's da hell out of me....even on Sunday I gotta hide from the phone calls:banghead:

Willy
October 21st, 2008, 13:20
Telemarketers calling me anytime isn't a good thing.

I figured out how to shut the ones up offering loans, etc. Just tell 'em "I didn't know yall offered that service to folks in bankruptcy". They just hang right up.

Snuffy
October 21st, 2008, 14:03
I got one question for da group....does it bother any of you guys and girls when right at dinner time the phone rings and someone wanting money or someone wants to make ya money, selling windows,doors,grass care..ect...ect...cus it piss's da hell out of me....even on Sunday I gotta hide from the phone calls:banghead:

thats what they make answering machines for ...

I don't answer my phones unless I know who it is. I figure if whoever is calling thinks its important enough, they'll either leave a measage and a number for me to return the call or they'll call again and hope I answer.

EgoR64
October 21st, 2008, 14:24
:wavey:

One more for Yea -

Bone head Pyros, that toss the still light Cigarette out da Window - now I smoked the Sheet for over 12-years, 2-packs a day - quit Cold Turkey Been off the pipe for almost 1-year now, The Entire time I smoked, I put it out in me Damn Ash-tray, whcih is in my Car and Comes Free !!

Bastages !!:redfire:

Whats Worse then a Smoker, a Smoker that Quite !! LOL !!:d

Cheers !!

Henry
October 21st, 2008, 14:39
I put it out in me Damn Ash-tray, whcih is in my Car and Comes Free !!

i had to pay for mine :banghead:
must admit im guilty of that
in town anyway
H

Moparmike
October 21st, 2008, 14:51
:wavey:

Whats Worse then a Smoker, a Smoker that Quite !! LOL !!:d

Cheers !!

Well ya know...everybody hates a quitter! :d
Congrats! I'm still slogging through that fix.

in town anyway
H

One of my peeves is all these new cars that come without ashtrays...or even lighter sockets. They've got 12V power points coming out the wazoo...but no good old fashioned crotch-burner lighter to scorch the upholstery! :isadizzy:

Next most annoying thing..."fart-cannon" mufflers on 4-cylinder import cars. sounds like the morning after a chili cookoff when college time comes around.
Cmon kids, that muffler is bigger around than one of the pistons for pete's sake! LMAO
(Ahh...I miss the days of good ole straight-pipes & glass-packs on a V8...)

N2056
October 21st, 2008, 15:16
I can't believe nobody has brought up the loud car stereos with outrageously overkill bass! :kilroy:

PRB
October 21st, 2008, 15:36
People who call my phone and leave a message like this: “Hello?! … Hello?! … Hello?!” What the heck is that? First of all, if I’m not home, that idiotic message is if no value to me when trying to decide if I want to call you back, which I couldn’t do anyway because you didn’t leave a number. And second, if I am home, yelling “Hello?!” into my answering machine, as if to imply that their call is of such monumental importance that they demand and insist that I get up right now and answer it, will guarantee that I don’t answer the phone, unless it’s to rant on them, sort of like I'm doing now. Leave a message, or don’t leave one! Do not attempt to “bypass” the stupid answering machine. It won’t work!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ok, I feel much better now. :d

Trans_23
October 21st, 2008, 15:37
Trying to log into SOH lately! :banghead::censored::isadizzy::icon31:

EgoR64
October 21st, 2008, 15:49
in town anyway
H

:costumes: Hi Henry,

Since I quite I replaced my Bad Habit with eating potato Chips and tossing M-80's da window !! LOL !!:d

Many Cheers !!

djscoo
October 21st, 2008, 16:06
My pet peeve is people who constantly talk about their pet peeves! :mixedsmi:

cheezyflier
October 21st, 2008, 19:57
I can't believe nobody has brought up the loud car stereos with outrageously overkill bass! :kilroy:

you're right, that one deserved a mention by someone at least.
oh wait-
you mentioned it! we're good to go! :costumes:

but while we're on the subject, how about those annoying mufflers they put on the little cars these days? to me, they sound like somebody trapped a bumble bee in a coffee can.

Piglet
October 23rd, 2008, 02:32
but while we're on the subject, how about those annoying mufflers they put on the little cars these days? to me, they sound like somebody trapped a bumble bee in a coffee can.
That's why we call them "fart cars". They go hand in hand with bad drivers!:banghead:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

cheezyflier
October 23rd, 2008, 04:46
That's why we call them "fart cars". They go hand in hand with bad drivers!:banghead:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

:costumes:

i will now be completely unable to think of them any other way

Moparmike
October 23rd, 2008, 07:49
Next most annoying thing..."fart-cannon" mufflers on 4-cylinder import cars. sounds like the morning after a chili cookoff when college time comes around.
Cmon kids, that muffler is bigger around than one of the pistons for pete's sake! LMAO
(Ahh...I miss the days of good ole straight-pipes & glass-packs on a V8...)

I beat ya to that one Cheezy...fart-cannon, fart-car, p***ed-off bumblebees. Annoying aren't they?
But then again I suppose some folks think the same about the dual glasspacks on my slightly-cammed small-block V8 van too. But at least when I hit it's go-pedal and make noise there is some power behind all that racket! LOL

cheezyflier
October 23rd, 2008, 12:18
I beat ya to that one Cheezy...fart-cannon, fart-car, p***ed-off bumblebees. Annoying aren't they?
But then again I suppose some folks think the same about the dual glasspacks on my slightly-cammed small-block V8 van too. But at least when I hit it's go-pedal and make noise there is some power behind all that racket! LOL

well, me myself, i never had a problem listening to a healthy small block v-8.:d

big blocks ain't too bad neither (but i'm a small block guy at heart)