PDA

View Full Version : Flying "under the influence"

djscoo
July 30th, 2009, 12:29
I just got home from having surgery to remove the bar from my chest from this surgery I had in 2005 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuss_procedure .
I fired up FSX when I got home and went for a short flight in which i crashed several thousand times and stalled thousands more. The lingering effects of general anesthesia and copious amont of vicodin led to some interesting problems while flying including pushing forward on the stick in an attempt to takeoff. i feeling better though and I got to keep the bar on a side note i cant be held responsible for my words for the next couple days lol i think ill sleep now. :running: feeling much better.

Lionheart
July 30th, 2009, 12:38
lololol.....

Yes.. That can certainly happen. Horrible to think that now and then, actual airline pilots will get on a flight loaded.

Glad your surgery went well! Awesome to hear..

Bill

Toastmaker
July 30th, 2009, 18:48
Nice to hear that things went well - congrats. The flying will wait, enjoy the daze. . .

:applause:

OBIO
July 30th, 2009, 18:57
A friend of mine in high school had pectus excavatum....his was really really bad. We used to grab him by the edges of his concavity and drag him around the hallway....looking back, that nows seems cruel, but at the time we all got a huge laugh out of it. He once used his concave sternum to carry his lunch to school in....he was a freaking blast to hang around.

djscoo
July 30th, 2009, 19:29
A friend of mine in high school had pectus excavatum....his was really really bad. We used to grab him by the edges of his concavity and drag him around the hallway....looking back, that nows seems cruel, but at the time we all got a huge laugh out of it. He once used his concave sternum to carry his lunch to school in....he was a freaking blast to hang around.
It caused me a great deal of self-consciousness during my elementary and middle school years, but as my friends and I matured, I became less embarrassed by it. You have to have a sense of humor about it, I use it and my apparent case of Marfan's syndrome as a joking excuse all the time (mostly with my older sister who refuses to entertain the idea of me having Marfan's Syndrome.). The surgeon has a "wall of fame" in his office where patients post their pictures, and several of them are of people eating cereal, drinking soda, and eating chips and salsa out of their "dents".:icon_lol: