PDA

View Full Version : FSX.CFG help

peter12213
July 29th, 2009, 22:00
I know, I know, so amature!! Guys I'm really stuck...
Just installed every flylogic swiss addon (which Ive had for ages and just re-installed for a change with no probs) but I can't seem to find my fsx.cfg file now, it's not where it used to be .. I need to modify it toboost my frames but its not where it used to be and I'm stumped, I'm in my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX..folder using XP and its not there!! I find only scenery.cfg files Backups and stuff, along with other files and folders, any help, much appeciated coz my frames have gone down not by much but I need to find it..anyone had the same problem??
If I find out it was my girlfriend's fault while I was away and shes been on that stupid face book thing I'll kill her lol!!

Rich
July 29th, 2009, 23:06
Try looking in C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Applications

Cactuskid
July 29th, 2009, 23:16
Make sure you are set to see "hidden" files in XP folder options in taskbar...

peter12213
July 30th, 2009, 04:34
done exactly what u guys have said.... still no luck finding it

harleyman
July 30th, 2009, 04:40
XP path...

C/ drive

Documents / Settings

Your Name

Application Data

Microsoft

FSX

Config

Now..if you still do not see it....

Start

Settings

Control Panel

Folder Options

Select view

Check to Show Hidden files and folders

Then start over.

Rezabrya
July 30th, 2009, 10:01
make sure once you click on the Appdata folder, you are going into the ROAMING folder and not the local or whatever. it will be in the Roaming\microsoft\fsx. ORRRR, you can go to start, run and type appdata, and go from there.

harleyman
July 30th, 2009, 13:17
make sure once you click on the Appdata folder, you are going into the ROAMING folder and not the local or whatever. it will be in the Roaming\microsoft\fsx. ORRRR, you can go to start, run and type appdata, and go from there.

He's running XP..So no Roaming Folder...:wavey:

Rezabrya
July 30th, 2009, 13:42
Ah. I have never ran FSX on XP before so I guess I wouldn't know. Sorry about that.

harleyman
July 30th, 2009, 13:45
Ah. I have never ran FSX on XP before so I guess I wouldn't know. Sorry about that.

Its all but the same. minus the Roaming Folder....I think

You should have seen me on Vista the first time hunting the FSX config..LOL

That was funny...

And NOooo I wasen't asking...LOL But I finally gave up and popped the question...

peter12213
July 31st, 2009, 04:37
Yes mate, I was eventually able to find it..I found out that while I was away working, my girlfriend had been using my PC and you know what that means ..damn women lol..thanks for all your help guys especially you Harleyman I won't forget it mate!

harleyman
July 31st, 2009, 04:40
Yes mate, I was eventually able to find it..I found out that while I was away working, my girlfriend had been using my PC and you know what that means ..damn women lol..thanks for all your help guys especially you Harleyman I won't forget it mate!

Our pleasure...

Women...LOL :ernae:

LTCSZ
July 31st, 2009, 05:00
So, are you saying that in Vista the "Real" .cfg file is not the file under Application Data>Microsoft>FSX but is actually under Roaming? If so, what is the fsx.cfg file that I have been making changes on? Duhhh...

Steve

harleyman
July 31st, 2009, 05:05
YUP..

Its the one in *Roaming*

Best to delete the old incorrect one maybe, then rewrite the correct one...

I believe that FSx will rebuild that incorrect one too..but be safe and keep it on your desktop until you launch FSX sussesfully again..if it fails, place the incorrect file back where it came from...

I have no clue what your were accessing ...

LTCSZ
July 31st, 2009, 05:07
So, in other words, all of the changes I have been making had no effect? This should be interesting...

Steve

Can't wait to get home from work today!

harleyman
July 31st, 2009, 05:09
Correcto Mundo ....LOL :wavey:

Fain illness....LOL