PDA

View Full Version : Fokker EV/DVIII

Baron von Blutwurst
September 28th, 2008, 04:28
well folks, since the old thread has had the wiener,:kilroy: I'll just start a new one with some update shots of my "getting really close to finished" Fokker. I've spent some time reconfiguring my texture set and have got it down to 12 total now...woohoo!!! I also had a little conversation with Dan San Abbot regarding the Leather Head Pad on the wing. We've decided that from the photographic evidence, it was on the aircraft. So, I've modeled that part onto the plane now too.

I'll keep you folks updated as I get closer to a final product.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

RLPENDER
September 28th, 2008, 07:03
Looking good,I like some of the old vintage crafts!:applause:

Flyboy208
September 28th, 2008, 08:22
Absolutely Gorgeous aircraft Randy - love the paint schemes too! Mike :applause::medals:

huub vink
September 28th, 2008, 08:49
I also had a little conversation with Dan San Abbot regarding the Leather Head Pad on the wing. We've decided that from the photographic evidence, it was on the aircraft.

The aircraft is coming together really beautiful Randy!

Although I have a lot of respect towards experts like Dan San Abbot, I'm a bit reserved towards their expert opinion. Fokkers build by the "Ostdeutsche Albatross Werke" were quite different from the Fokkers build in Fokker's factory in Schwerin. Therefore you can't be sure all aircrafts were finished in a similar way, based on the limited number of pictures avaialble.

In the past I have seen too many experts who didn't agree to each others expert opinion and too many experts which had to adjust their expert opinion after a while to take their expert opninion for granted.

But as said the aircraft is really stunning!
Huub

Lionheart
September 28th, 2008, 12:00
That bird is really looking sharp Randy!

I love that prop graphics.. Would be interesting to know how on earth you mapped it 'with' front facing labels as well as the lamination layers, which would have been more easily done from a side Plannar mapping.

:kilroy:

Nice!

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Hey Ron,

Havent seen you in a while. Your Corsair is also looking sharp.

Bill

RLPENDER
September 28th, 2008, 12:08
Thanks Bill,I work on it every spare moment I can.It's amazing how time goes from Hours to Days to Weeks to Months!I hope you and yours are all doing well.:ernae:
Ron

Baron von Blutwurst
September 28th, 2008, 12:31
Thanks RLP, now quit looking and get back to finishing your Corsair m8:d

Thanks again Mike...I think the reorganization of the textures will make future paints go a bit smoother. :icon_lol:

Huub, I totally agree with you on the construction discrepencies between manufacturers at the time. I've actually tied a visibility tag to the part so the user can turn it on or off depending on what they like better. I figured it would be better though to have the option available to avoid anyone saying I forgot it.:costumes:

Bill, I mapped that evil little sucker the hard way, strips of polys by strips of polys in planers and welding them in Unwrap...it took a day. I might have to look into trying one with side planer mapping. Painting the thing is a real chore as it stands now.:isadizzy:

Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
September 28th, 2008, 17:11
Cool animated sig by the way Randy, still can't seem to get mine (thanks to you) to show up here! Mike :wiggle::banghead:

Flyboy208
September 28th, 2008, 17:16
Brilliant - my sig just magically appeared after days of trying! :costumes::isadizzy:

flying legend
September 29th, 2008, 10:58
Great to read again from this great design! I look forward to this beauty!:applause:

F.L.

Tanmann
September 29th, 2008, 13:35
I've always admired the clean lines of this aircraft. It looks a lot faster than it really was. My brother has an R/C version with a real radial engine. The sound of this engine is fantastic. Although it's not a true rotary radial, it adds a bit more realism to the model. I'm looking forward to the release.

Charles

Baron von Blutwurst
September 29th, 2008, 15:01
Thanks guys..It's funny that you say it looks faster than it is...in the sim you get the same feeling from the VC, it really feels like your are ripping it up.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

max_thehitman
September 29th, 2008, 15:18
Any chance of you creating a woman pilot in a bikini inside that plane? :d
:ernae: Excellent craftsmanship Baron. Truly a work of art!

Bandit
September 29th, 2008, 17:31
Woot!

Baron von Blutwurst
January 16th, 2009, 08:50
Ok my very patient friends.:monkies:

I have been able to partner up with J. Banks who did Stuart Green's soundsets and he has graciously finished an all new Oberursel,(from actual recordings),a Mercedes DIII,(from actual recordings),and Clerget Rotary soundsets for my birds.:amen:

I am now in the home stretch and hope to have the EV/DVIII released in the next 2 weeks. I am currently compiling the 4 variants and getting my texture sets where I like them.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

Quicksand
January 16th, 2009, 11:26
Great news, Randy! She's really looking good!:jump::applause:

huub vink
January 16th, 2009, 13:27
Great news indeed! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
January 16th, 2009, 13:53
Couple more shots.

Cheers
Randy

Flyboy208
January 16th, 2009, 14:22
That yellow and black scheme is sweet Man! Mike :ernae:

thedude247
January 16th, 2009, 17:40
I've always been fascinated with this aircraft, it's good to see someone creating something that deserves great detail.

Good Job.:applause::applause::applause:

Cazzie
January 17th, 2009, 03:52
Just because I am late in reply doesn't lessen my increased anticipation for this plane's release. She's a beauty Randy, looking forward to the release.

Caz

Baron von Blutwurst
January 17th, 2009, 12:09
thanks guys...I cant wait to finish it either:friday:

here's what the VC now looks like with all the alpha channels in place.

Cheers
Randy

Quicksand
January 17th, 2009, 12:37
WOW! That looks outstanding, Randy.:applause:

huub vink
January 18th, 2009, 01:36
The textures you use in your VCs have something delicate and your VC always smell a bit like Castor Oil :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
January 26th, 2009, 13:16
Thanks Huub and QS...I biuilt a new system for myself and I'm now in the homestretch with the package.:rapture:

Cheers
Randy

jankees
January 26th, 2009, 13:41
WOW, that is really looking great!

mike678
January 26th, 2009, 20:19
This is really looking great, but shouldn't the rotary engine be motion blurred with the propeller? Or am I confused on the type of engine fitted to this variant?

Baron von Blutwurst
January 26th, 2009, 21:28
Thanks Jan...you are right Mike...it is a Rotary and it does spin in game,(Just not for screenshots). I tried a couple of different methods to simulate it and they all looked pretty hokie. If I were to use it for a screenshot edit I'd just radial blur the engine area after the fact. :D

Baron von Blutwurst
January 27th, 2009, 13:04
Well folks...the Civilian DVIII variant is finished....:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

huub vink
January 27th, 2009, 14:02
But Randy, that's a D.VIII from the Royal Dutch Air Force. Hopefully you are not comparing my former employer with a civilian flying club :costumes:.

Huub

Baron von Blutwurst
January 27th, 2009, 14:18
lmao Huub...not at all m8...it's just my way of delineating the unarmed variants....The recon versions and the Italian mailplanes. :D I'm actually making all the paintschemes interchangable between the 4 variants.

Baron von Blutwurst
January 28th, 2009, 04:21
Here's the Unarmed DVIII as tested in late 1921.

Cheers
Randy

Baron von Blutwurst
February 5th, 2009, 16:44
She's up and ready at my Website folks...Thanks for your patience.:ernae::amen:

Cheers
Randy

MudMarine
February 5th, 2009, 17:08
Alright!! Downloading!!

MudMarine
February 5th, 2009, 18:15
Outstanding work Baron! She's beautiful little beast that turns on a dime!One of the best WWI birds I've seen in awhile. The paint work is awesome! Es geflt mir gut! Sorry for the bad German..........It fits me very nicely! :applause::ernae:

PS The fourth screenie shows the level of detail.......NICE!

Baron von Blutwurst
February 5th, 2009, 18:18
Right on Mud....glad you are digging it m8. Great looking shots too.:ernae:

MudMarine
February 5th, 2009, 18:55
Here's a couple more over an allied airfield.......Look out Frenchie!:whistle:I really like the way the nose falls off (drops) in a turn. If you not careful.......SPLAT......it feels right! You can loop the beastie all day! I'm excited, really nice plane! Now if only I could find someone to mix it up with......?:tgun2:

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2009, 19:24
here's a couple I just blasted out.....

http://www.screenshotworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8929

Cazzie
February 6th, 2009, 05:09
Simply remarkable Randy! :ernae:

Welcome back too Mud! :ernae:

Randy, this thing is exquisite, are you going to upload a Paint Kit?

The attention to detail is just mind-boggling, the serial no. bleed through, the reverse lozenge, the pilot, etc. Not all FS models (particularly FS9) lend themselves well to close-ups, this is one of those exceptions. I cannot imagine how well it would look in the FSX engine!

Highly recommended SOH people.

Caz

Baron von Blutwurst
February 6th, 2009, 09:22
Thanks for the Kind words folks. :ernae:

I'll be widdling down my current paintkit Caz and releasing one for you folks fairly soon..I'm thinking within the month.

Excellent screenies too folks..Looks great in the hands of others.

Cheers
Randy

huub vink
February 6th, 2009, 11:46
Great screenies of a lovely model! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Huub

Quicksand jr
February 6th, 2009, 13:58
Where can I get/download this aircraft at?:rapture:

MudMarine
February 6th, 2009, 14:16
Blutwerks.com or click on the Baron's name it list his site there.

MudMarine
February 6th, 2009, 20:42
and.......why isn't this a stickie yet?

Baron von Blutwurst
April 7th, 2009, 23:49
Okay folks..I've decided to let this sale run for 5 more days....after that I will be making this AC no longer available....I am switchiung to a different coding and want to keep my folders clean..This goes for the Floh too....hate do it,but,the removal of Aces has made me think long and hard on the future of limited poly and very limited texture aircraft with no future releases for the code..it was fun learning it....(NOPE), and it's time to move on to bigger,better,and more detailed pasturers in my opinion.

Cheers
Randy