PDA

View Full Version : nany state

stiz
July 28th, 2009, 12:24
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090728/thl-soft-toys-flu-risk-schools-told-d831572.html

rember kids, your parents survived hell and poverty but you have to wear safty glasses for playing conkers, your not allowed to run, play in the playground, talk to loudly, go outside, stay in bed, be born, look at anything, wear goggels for swimming, eat stuff .... and for heveans sake dont breath!

This is just getting stupid now, they dont even test you for swine flu .. yet they've set up a helpline where anyone can phone up, answer some questions asked by a non medicly trained person, and get themselfs a dose of tamiflu stuff .... GPs wont even see you and diagnose you over the phone ...

Theres hand washes all over the place, if you cough you get glared at and god help you if you happen to sneeze!! Whats happened to people nowadays .... sodding media spreading panic where panic just isnt needed .. anyone rember chicken flu?? that was a major population killer wasnt it .....

:a1451:

Ridge
July 28th, 2009, 12:26
US Senate will be voting on something similar tomorrow...lets see where it goes.

cheezyflier
July 28th, 2009, 12:49
the thing is, many people gobble up all the alarmist media. if there seems to be a crisis, people sit up and pay attention. if you don't like alarmist media, send them a message by turning off your television and stop buying newspapers and news magazines. advertizers know how to sell you things. much of the insurance you pay for, fines you pay, products you buy, are because you have been conditioned like pavlov's dog, to believe the world is unsafe. relatively speaking, it's simply not true. sometimes i think tyler durden might have been on to something

OBIO
July 28th, 2009, 13:10
When I was a kid, I ate dirt and school paste by the handful, ran with scissors, used sharpened sticks as swords, ate lead-based paint chips, jumped off the roof of our house trying to be a member of the 101st Airborne on D-Day, swam in the creeks and drank lots of creek water while swimming, ate under cooked pork, jumped over live Copperheads for the fun of it, and the first time I ever saw a dentist was shortly before my 17th birthday.....and I turned out just fine.

(I tried to insert a picture of Sloth, from the movie Goonies, but evidently attachments are not working at the moment...no big deal as I am sure everyone knows Sloth)

I agree with Cheezy...half the problems in the world today would not exist is people would turn off the news and political talk shows and resume free thinking and making decisions for themselves. All the YADA YADA BLAH BLAH Bull Shart that people absorb on a daily basis is paramount to brain washing....and as a result we now have a world populated by media controlled zombies who buy what they are told to buy, believe what they are told to believe and act as they are told to act.

OBIO

Crusader
July 28th, 2009, 13:19
Damn OBIO , you must be from Mansfield . Even in Lancaster I didn't have that trumatized childhood . (Maybe close to it:icon_lol:)

Rich :icon29:

BananaBob
July 28th, 2009, 14:37
Well, I'm from Shelby and all that seems pretty common, LOL! Got the Ohio connection going! :ernae: (Mansfield is becoming a dump) :kilroy:

brad kaste
July 28th, 2009, 15:27
When I was a kid, I ate dirt and school paste by the handful, ran with scissors, used sharpened sticks as swords, ate lead-based paint chips, jumped off the roof of our house trying to be a member of the 101st Airborne on D-Day, swam in the creeks and drank lots of creek water while swimming, ate under cooked pork, jumped over live Copperheads for the fun of it, and the first time I ever saw a dentist was shortly before my 17th birthday.....and I turned out just fine.

(I tried to insert a picture of Sloth, from the movie Goonies, but evidently attachments are not working at the moment...no big deal as I am sure everyone knows Sloth)

I agree with Cheezy...half the problems in the world today would not exist is people would turn off the news and political talk shows and resume free thinking and making decisions for themselves. All the YADA YADA BLAH BLAH Bull Shart that people absorb on a daily basis is paramount to brain washing....and as a result we now have a world populated by media controlled zombies who buy what they are told to buy, believe what they are told to believe and act as they are told to act.

OBIO

Obio,.........for sure,....you hit the bulls-eye. Like Robin Hood,...you split the arrow with an arrow. You and Cheezy got it down solid. I mean solid. Our media....be it on the internet, TV, radio,...or the local rag,.....creates such fear and trepidations within individuals it's not funny. They only stir continually stir the pot of fears and worries. Not that I'm an ostrich,...but I found out a looooooooong time ago not to put on the local or national news if one is to enjoy the evening without fear mongering entering into it.

Piglet
July 28th, 2009, 22:14
Go get the DVD movie Idiocracy. Funny as all hell!

OBIO
July 28th, 2009, 22:41
Well, I'm from Shelby and all that seems pretty common, LOL! Got the Ohio connection going! :ernae: (Mansfield is becoming a dump) :kilroy:

Mansfield is beyond BECOMING a dump...it IS a dump! I moved here nearly 9 years ago, and in that short while, I have seen this town really degrade into a maggot lair. Half the houses in this town are either a broken window away from being condemned or have been abandoned and left empty. Most cities have a ghetto, but Mansfield is a series of ghettos broken by an occasional nice area.

Luckily, I did not grow up here. I was born and raised in the hills of Southern Ohio...Pike County. Down where the hills are big, the deer are big, and neighbors know that you are very well armed and stay the heck out of your business.

OBIO

Snuffy
July 29th, 2009, 03:16
When I was a kid, I ate dirt and school paste by the handful, ran with scissors, used sharpened sticks as swords, ate lead-based paint chips, jumped off the roof of our house trying to be a member of the 101st Airborne on D-Day, swam in the creeks and drank lots of creek water while swimming, ate under cooked pork, jumped over live Copperheads for the fun of it, and the first time I ever saw a dentist was shortly before my 17th birthday ...

Ditto and much more ... hell when I went to the dentist as a kid, novacaine was still so new that my dentist hadn't tried it yet.

... and I turned out just fine.

And of course you realize that's just a personal opinion ... lol ... however I think it applies to far more of us than we can imagine.

cheezyflier
July 29th, 2009, 05:54
Go get the DVD movie Idiocracy. Funny as all hell!

+1 that movie was really funny

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/2976733183_5cccf5b8ee.jpg?v=0