July 27th, 2009, 18:14
B88okRHtUs4

cheezyflier
July 28th, 2009, 06:21
that's an epileptic seizure waiting to happen :icon_lol:

GT182
July 28th, 2009, 06:23
that's an epileptic seizure waiting to happen :icon_lol:

Gotta agree Cheezy. That would drive me nuts.

Ridge
July 28th, 2009, 12:16
There is a bar in my room, too!

But it's not very light at all:kilroy:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/mitch61/BAR_full.jpg

Toastmaker
July 28th, 2009, 12:20
I insist on some light in my bar too - so I don't spill any. . .

:ernae:

Piglet
July 28th, 2009, 22:29
Nice BAR Ridge! I shot a full-auto BAR some years back. What a hoot!:ernae:

Gotta agree Cheezy. That would drive me nuts

Hell, just his sig ani's drive me crazy!

stansdds
July 30th, 2009, 02:10
I've never shot a BAR. I don't even think I've seen one to handle. Rare items these days.

As for lightbars, yes, I have some. Twinsonic model 12, I think it spent its life as a display item. Code 3 mini-4100. Aerodynic mini. And a Code 3 XL5000 that was cut to make a pair of mini-XL5000's (I did not cut it, I bought the pair). Then there's the collection of beacons, mostly Federal including a full line up of the Beacon Ray family. :mixedsmi:

Snuffy
July 30th, 2009, 03:07
I gotta bar ... well more like a sledge hammer handle (38 inches of solid oak) in my room ... :)

wombat666
July 30th, 2009, 03:21
Only one question .......Why?????:isadizzy:

Snuffy
July 30th, 2009, 08:12
Make sure you use that light bar appropriately ... not like this idiot ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535606,00.html?test=latestnews

cheezyflier
July 30th, 2009, 08:34
Make sure you use that light bar appropriately ... not like this idiot ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535606,00.html?test=latestnews

when i used to deliver pzza way back in the day, i had a yellow flashing light on top of my truck, for when i double parked. i used to flick it on behind slowpokes and they pulled over EVERY SINGLE TIME :icon_lol::applause:

stansdds
July 31st, 2009, 03:24
It is perfectly ok to own these things for the purpose of collecting and displaying and to restore vintage emergency vehicles. It's not ok to put them on your car and use them to stop traffic or blow through intersections. I know there was an incident on eBay a few years ago where a seller(s) was selling 12 volt strobe lights that would activate the intersection signal light emergency vehicle system. This is the system that gives a green light for an approaching emergency vehicle, but turns all the other lights red. Use of these is illegal, some people got caught and eBay now has a tighter policy on vehicle emergency lighting auctions. My collection is vintage stuff, the latest being a 1987 vintage mini-Aerodynic. Most of my collection is 1950's through 1970's stuff.

AckAck
July 31st, 2009, 05:42
It was a while back I was looking at buying a couple of these (the full width units - long story, and quite boring). The companies selling them (at the time) would sell them, but you couldn't buy red or blue lenses for them unless you purchased it with a government PO or provided proof of affiliating with a government agency. The only colors you could get were clear/white, yellow and green. I guess you could make your own red and blue lenses, but they wouldn't sell them. Second hand units were available on EBAY, but the sellers were selling them without lenses.

Brian