PDA

View Full Version : Some one Talk Me In To It

Crusader
October 20th, 2008, 11:41
I am currently running a Quad 6850 , 3.0 Gig and have CFS3 , FS9 , FSX installed . Every thing screams (With the exception of FSX of coarse) . I hav'nt used CFS2 for years but throughly enjoyed it . I think I ran it on a 1.2 Gig P3 or P4 and as I remember it ran fairly well . I just recently reloaded CFS3 with the Pacific addon and throughly enjoy it but it is limited to the Solomans Islands . They did an excellent job on this . What are MUST HAVE addon for CFS2 ? I remember the PAC TEX's (part 1 and 2 I think). Any thing else stand out before I start tacking on the planes and scenery ? I also remember MaskRider's files which are excellent and was always one of my favorites .

Rich:ernae:
(Retired and full time flight simmer now:icon_lol:)
I know most downloaded section here at SOH must be a good place to start

Dirtman
October 21st, 2008, 05:27
You mean there are other flight sims made by Microsoft??? REALLY??? :eek:

Seriously; CFS2 has the best balance of all aspects of what a combat flight sim should be & in our collective opinion is by far the best choice available.

Eight years young and this "old girl" just gets better every day!!!

Convinced? ..... or do we need to get out the rubber hoses???

:a1089::a1089:Ve haf vays off makingk yu load CFS2 ..... :violent::violent:

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

hellcat44
October 21st, 2008, 08:34
A new system several months ago really opened up the other sims for me. Yet,,, I find myself drawn back to CFS2 'PTO' by her seductive ambiance.
Or to be less abstract :costumes:...it really does have the "best balance".
If you're not familiar with these old files, they'll add some eye candy to a new install...maybe a good place to start.
http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcd.cgi?az=redirect&link_id=000000930&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.netwings.org%2Ffiles%2Fmisc %2Fcfs2bladeeffectscollv2.zip

Crusader
October 21st, 2008, 17:29
A new system several months ago really opened up the other sims for me. Yet,,, I find myself drawn back to CFS2 'PTO' by her seductive ambiance.
Or to be less abstract :costumes:...it really does have the "best balance".
If you're not familiar with these old files, they'll add some eye candy to a new install...maybe a good place to start.
http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcd.cgi?az=redirect&link_id=000000930&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.netwings.org%2Ffiles%2Fmisc %2Fcfs2bladeeffectscollv2.zip

Thanks all for the replies. Count me back in:ernae: You,re right, a new computer does open things up , does'nt it .

OBIO
October 21st, 2008, 18:41
Through the generosity of one of the forum members, I now have a "new" system....he sent me his personal gaming system. P4 3gig processor, 2gig RAM, 512meg video card. Runs CFS2 like a raped ape (hope that is not a politically incorrect phrase now days). I thought..hey, lets see how CFS3 runs on this monster....I had CFS3 for 3 or 4 years before getting CFS2 and could never run it on my older system.

This machine will run CFS3 like gang busters....but after an hour or two flying in 3, I unistalled it, put the box back on the self to begin collecting a new layer of dust. Someday, I will need to balance a table and those CFS3 disks will come in handy at that point.

CFS2 is simply better all around. Easier to tweak, more planes to choose from (they can be pulled in from FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004...after some converting and tweaking that is)...so the possibilities for planes in CFS2 is nearly limitless. I can fly a Zero for a while, then switch to a Korean era jet, then a Vietnam era jet, then a Boeing 747 or Airbus A-300, then go back in time to the Curtiss J4N Jenny, Sopwith Camel. Heck, with recent developments by members of this forum, I can even pilot submarines, Civil War ships. And if that is not enough, I can download and fly Harry Potter on his freaking broom! There's a flying pig, Santa Claus and his sleigh, Snoopy on his dog house.

Scenery add-ons for CFS2 are oh so easy to do. I am not a big scenery guy for the most part....as long as I have some airstrips to take off from and some place to land...I'm happy. But CFS2 can be set up so that you can fly the entire world! In fact, the stock scenery depicts pretty much the entire world (Artic and Antaric areas not so much...very high and very low lattitudes are not depicted)....but North American, Central America, South America, Africa, Russia, Italy, Australia, New Guinea, Borneo....all here in even the stock CFS2. All you need do is find or make some airstrips to put into those areas and you can fly in them. Or, go to Google Earth, find the coordinates for your house, even them into the CFS2 screen and you can fly over your freaking house (you house will not be shown...but you will be there in the sim). Last night I added two scenery packs that give me a huge number of air fields used by the Royal Canadian Air Force....now I can fly all over Canada....and it was free, took maybe 4 minutes to install.

CFS3....it just wishes it could do all of this.

OBIO

Good_2_Be
October 21st, 2008, 18:51
Oh yeah Snoopy.......where is that fun little add on, always wanted to do the Red Baron scene. Seems the addons keep on flowing freely...not bad after 8+ years

Oh hey, OBI while your flying over Canada could you do me a favor and drop a burning bag on our favorite Canadians porch:costumes:

OBIO
October 21st, 2008, 20:22
I tried dropping that burning bag on his porch, but he has built a defensive wall out of empty beer cans. I will have to develop an AP (aluminum piercing) burning bag in order to achieve a successful mission.

OBIO

Dirtman
October 22nd, 2008, 03:21
....now I can fly all over Canada.....OBIO

Ahhh Geez; just when I thought it was safe ta go outside........ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Collin
October 22nd, 2008, 06:35
Crusader...don't do it! Think of your sanity. You will only end up like this lot......oh gawd not another victim.

Guys don't bother Dirtman, let nature take its course, he'll over engineer summat and his machine will self destruct soon enough.:costumes:

regards Collin:ernae:

Dirtman
October 23rd, 2008, 07:45
I tried dropping that burning bag on his porch, but he has built a defensive wall out of empty beer cans. I will have to develop an AP (aluminum piercing) burning bag in order to achieve a successful mission.
OBIO

Aaahh HA!!! .... So that's what it is!!!

I couldn't figure out WHY someone was dropping bags of Chihuahua poop in my front yard.

I thought my gardener had developed a new way of fertilizing my lawn from the air. :costumes:

But ya haven't hit the freakin' porch yet Bro ..... - better practice yer bombing skills ... :costumes:

You have obviously discovered the secret location of my: "Beer-can Bunker". :eek: (Pic#1)

How did you find me? .. Is that "LongJock Collin" fellow a double agent as I have suspected???
Did he rat me out?? ... Bet ya paid him in grog too!!!

Well; let me give you a tour:

Pic#2 is my yard furniture

Pic#3 is my cousin "Stinky" in the "Safe Room" - the most secure area of my "foamy fortress"
- so strong that once inside; you cannot even hear a woman nag!!!

Pic#4 is my Unkle Pervy beside his new "Pabst casket".
- After the "Great Beer Famine of Kanada" in 1984 (our only brewery was on strike) Unkle Pervy went 2 whole days without having a beer .... (it was so terrible to see him suffer) so we drove to Buffalo & smuggled a truckload (1 week supply) of beer back up here.
All we could get using Kanadian money was "Blue Ribbon" which we believe caused him severe brain damage as he can't drink any other brand since then.

Pic#5 is somewhat related .... it's of a robot ("ME2-BEER2") made famous in the 1974 epic Kanadian movie: "BEER WARS"

- A Long Time Ago .... In a Brewery Far Away".....

This movie was blatantly ripped off by George Lucas, a few of years later......
I can't remember what he called it........

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes: