PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh.....Thanks!

jdhaenens
July 27th, 2009, 05:15
Thanks to Ickie and everyone who put a helpful hand into getting SOH back on line! You guys ROCK!:jump:

Jim

jmig
July 27th, 2009, 05:25
Thanks to Ickie and everyone who put a helpful hand into getting SOH back on line! You guys ROCK!:jump:

Jim

Hear, hear!

:icon29: :icon29: :icon29:

JoeW
July 27th, 2009, 05:31
Thanks for my daily dose.

BananaBob
July 27th, 2009, 05:42
The site was closed? ............ j/k Nice! :ernae:

mike_cyul
July 27th, 2009, 05:47
Yup, thanks for yet another herculean effort. :applause:

Mike

JimC1702
July 27th, 2009, 05:51
Yep, thanks for all the hard work AND for the updates keeping on posted on the progress. It is appreciated.

Jim

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 05:58
Ickie has been working his behind off
he is a Hero in my book:applause::applause::applause:
Thanks
H

BASys
July 27th, 2009, 06:00
Thanks Ickie for all your hard work.
:guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness::guinness:

lucas81
July 27th, 2009, 06:35
My deepest respect to you Ickie for your hard work. Thank you so much! :medals:

Lucas

2Low
July 27th, 2009, 06:37
Ahh, that's better! Thanks Ickie!

Roadburner440
July 27th, 2009, 06:39
Thanks for workin hard to keep the servers online Ickie. Has been a painful few days without the outhouse.

Chacha
July 27th, 2009, 06:39
A million thanks, Ickie!!!! We appreciate you! We thank God for you and SOH!

Eli :running:

Peritas
July 27th, 2009, 06:47
Tanks, Ickie!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause:

RudiJG1
July 27th, 2009, 06:49
What my esteemed co-posters said -- in spades! :monkies:

gigabyte
July 27th, 2009, 06:59
Thanks Ickie, I hope you are enjoying a MUCH DESERVED brew with your little friend. I can well appreciate the amount of effort that went into transfering everything to a new server, I have been there and done that, (I administer a couple of Hard of Hearing sites) the size and volume of data you were working with is far greater than what I have done, but the steps, and frustrations are the same. You deserve a huge thanks my friend, WTG x10
and a few :icon29::icon29::icon29: to relax after all the hard work.

cheezyflier
July 27th, 2009, 07:00
me too :medals:

i go nuts without this place, and i keep seein squirrels

Prowler1111
July 27th, 2009, 07:05
Thanks Ickie, you dah man

Prowler

LTCSZ
July 27th, 2009, 07:06
Ditto.....

Steve in Kansas

Roger
July 27th, 2009, 07:07
Well done Ickie and the team!:ernae:

stiz
July 27th, 2009, 07:08
thanks Ickie and co :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :icon29:

hews500d
July 27th, 2009, 07:10
Definitely a big "THANK YOU" to Ickie for putting in all the long hours you did this weekend.

After being without "the Outhouse" and visiting the other FS forums out there, I've come to realize that none of them even come close to the camradre and character of this place. It feels like a big fraternity/family, one that I'm proud to be part of !

Now go have a few :icon29: Ickie!

Darrell

dswo
July 27th, 2009, 07:19
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really missed the site while it was gone -- even started makng a list of notes and queries for topics old and new.

Tako_Kichi
July 27th, 2009, 07:26
I agree with all the other posters, thank you Ickie. I felt 'homeless' while the site was down.

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 07:28
Now go have a few :icon29: Ickie!

Darrell
actually he cannot!
here's where Ickie is today
I have a heart blockage and am getting either a stint or bi-pass monday the 27th.
So when i say he worked his behind off
thats one of the reasons
and if you wondered why i said hero
thats one of the reasons also
H

VCN-1
July 27th, 2009, 07:29
I am amazed at the efforts that Ickie put forth to get the site back again.

Well done.

VCN-1

hews500d
July 27th, 2009, 07:32
actually he cannot!
I have a heart blockage and am getting either a stint or bi-pass monday the 27th.
thats one of the reasons
H

..I think hero sums it up pretty nicely. Praying that Ickie has an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery.

falcon409
July 27th, 2009, 07:34
His efforts are more than remarkable to be sure and the idiots who somehow found time to complain on other forums about the length of time it was taking to get back on line should be ashamed of themselves and their me, me me, I want, attitude.

Well Done Ickie!!!:medals:

SpaceWeevil
July 27th, 2009, 07:47
What they all said - just an amazing effort from Ickie & everyone else. Thank you so much!

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 07:57
..I think hero sums it up pretty nicely. Praying that Ickie has an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery.
Just spoke to him a few seconds ago he is at the hospital
and scheduled for open heart surgery
Now so my and i hope your thoughts and prayers
are with him
H

CrisGer
July 27th, 2009, 08:03
THANK YOU Ickie :):ernae:

Many Prayers and total hope for a wonderful and successful proceedure and a speedy recovery.

My thoughts will be with you...

sim-paticissimo
July 27th, 2009, 08:06
Thank you!!!:icon29:

spotlope
July 27th, 2009, 08:06
Oh, halleluiah! It's true, you know, you never know what you've lost until it's gone. HUGE uber-thanks to Ickie for the string of all-nighters he pulled to get this thing back on the rails. :icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29: You deserve it, mate!

PutPut
July 27th, 2009, 08:14
Many Thanks to Ickie and all involved in getting back on line. I felt very lonesome in the absence of this forum.:icon29: :icon29: :icon29:

Paul

papab
July 27th, 2009, 08:17
Now that the site is back online-my shakes have stopped-man I hate those withdrawals.......

Thanks Ickie!!!!

Mongo
July 27th, 2009, 08:18
Thanks for all your hard work Ickie - best wished for a super-successful procedure and a speedy recovery!

italoc
July 27th, 2009, 08:18
Thanks 1000 times to Ickie:medals:
I was lost without SOH for so long

Happy like a kid :applause:
Italo

italoc
July 27th, 2009, 08:24
are with him
H

All the best to Ickie. Hope everything goes well and he is recovering soon.
My prayers
Italo

Marvin Carter
July 27th, 2009, 08:27
Thanks!!!!!!

swimeye
July 27th, 2009, 08:40
I also have to express my gratitude to Eckie who have managed to get Sim-Outhouse online again. Thank you for your hard work and that you never gave up. :jump:

Mâra Trilokadev
July 27th, 2009, 08:43
Best of luck with the surgery, godspeed on recovery, and thank you for the hard work getting this place back up and running, Ickie.

The combo of work and illness is usually not a fun one so your gifts of time and energy are all the more appreciated. Well done!

Cheers,
MT

bkeske
July 27th, 2009, 08:55
are with him
H

Holy moly. Amazing.

God Bless Ickie; you will be in my prayers.

...and yea, thanks for working so hard getting everything back up and running.

b52bob
July 27th, 2009, 09:09
God speed on your surgery. I had it done before and it's not pleasant. My thoughts are with you and as been said so many times before, THANK YOU!!!

On the positive side, you'll have time to make many fun flights!

Bob

krazycolin
July 27th, 2009, 09:28
Thanks much Ickie! missed it while it was gone...

Nick C
July 27th, 2009, 09:36
Jeez, straight from good news to worrying news.

Hope you have a straight forward op and recover quickly.

gajit
July 27th, 2009, 09:59
Thanks for all your hard work :applause:

JT8D-9A
July 27th, 2009, 10:01
Great work! Many thanks :applause:

Mr.Mugel
July 27th, 2009, 10:04
Thank you to the SOH crew who once again made it happen that we can use this superb site again! I can only imagine by the progress reports how those days may have been... I deeply respect your efforts!

And best wishes to Ickie, Gute Besserung as we say here!

jimjones
July 27th, 2009, 10:04
Thanks for your huge effort, Ickie.

Thoughts and prayers for a quick and complete recovery. It is hard to imagine one so dedicated to SOH with the weight of surgery on ones mind.

I hope those who may have dissed the time to get the system back online will be more thougtful in the future and cheer Ickie on rather than complain.

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 10:16
I hope those who may have dissed the time to get the system back online will be more thougtful in the future and cheer Ickie on rather than complain.
after speaking to him on the phone and hear the nurses in the backround all he could say is please make sure this is done or that is done
a pure trooper
if it was me id just say screw the site
it can wait
not Ickie i bet the first thing he does coming out of recovery is check on us
what can i say?
H:medals:

Nick C
July 27th, 2009, 10:18
Just out of interest, what was the progress sites address?

Pepere
July 27th, 2009, 10:18
Unbelieveable!:medals::medals::medals: Thanks and thoughts and prayers are with you - been there done that too!

David

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 10:21
i do not understand?
H

10lrrp
July 27th, 2009, 10:23
thanks so much for all that you do to keep this site the best !!!!!:wavey::medals::icon29::ernae:

deathfromafar
July 27th, 2009, 10:28
:applause::ernae::icon29::medals:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

JorisVandenBerghe
July 27th, 2009, 10:29
Thanks a million, Ickie. :ernae:

Nick C
July 27th, 2009, 10:35
i do not understand?
H

Nor do I now. I thought I read, in this thread, a post talking about a site that had updates. Now I can't find a thing. Pfffft this getting older thing really does suck. :173go1:

Dag
July 27th, 2009, 10:36
Thank You Very Much Ickie !!!
I have been missing this site and have been checking if it was back online whenever I had a chance.
Good luck with the surgery and all the best wishes for a speedy recovery!!:applause::bump:

Thanks

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 10:49
Pfffft this getting older thing really does suck. :173go1:
getting older try my age
if i did not have my name tattooed on my forehead i would forget that, now where did i put that mirror:icon_lol::icon_lol:
F

GT182
July 27th, 2009, 10:57
getting older try my age
if i did not have my name tattooed on my forehead i would forget that, now where did i put that mirror:icon_lol::icon_lol:
F

I'm glad I missed that part of aging Henry. I'm not into tattoos. LOL

Ickie, just get better and don't worry about the site. You did what you had to do... tho you should have looked after your health instead. We want to talk to you not about you. ;) Get well soon and take a friggin rest for God's sake. Thinkin about you and talkin to the Man up above for a speedy recovery. I'll have a brew with Rocky the squirrel for ya. :icon29:

harleyman
July 27th, 2009, 11:13
Well done Ickie...

Thank you sir for all you have done for us here......:applause:

On a more personal note.. That was an amazing thing you did this weekend..You are in my families prayers for a speedy and full recovery...:engel016:

Get to feeling great again...i think you will feel like a new man after this is over. again...We all pray for your health... God Bless...

ericts
July 27th, 2009, 11:16
Godspeed Ickie! Recover quick! Great work BTW. :applause::medals:

Bruce Thompson
July 27th, 2009, 11:17
Thanks to Ickie and all involved in repairing this site.

I do hope all goes well for you Ickie, take care of yourself.

Regards

Bruce.

Spikehughes
July 27th, 2009, 12:30
thank you Ickie for all you supreme efforts.

Just one minor off note however.....

As self appointed legal representative of all questionable images shown on the internet, I find the use of the the image of a squirrel downing a "handle" ,presumably of alcohol,.. is decidedly a negative enticement for fellow squirrels under stress and I would normally discourage such iimages from being shown - thank god he wasn't shown also smoking - another known enticement under stress!!
:icon29::icon_lol:

Nick C
July 27th, 2009, 12:32
I'm glad you didn't spot my monkey!

Henry
July 27th, 2009, 12:35
thank you Ickie for all you supreme efforts.

Just one minor off note however.....

As self appointed legal representative of all questionable images shown on the internet, I find the use of the the image of a squirrel downing a "handle" ,presumably of alcohol,.. is decidedly a negative enticement for fellow squirrels under stress and I would normally discourage such iimages from being shown - thank god he wasn't shown also smoking - another known enticement under stress!!
:icon29::icon_lol:
nah thats ginger beer
and we took his cigarettes
and hid em until after the Gif was shot
H:mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

mike678
July 27th, 2009, 12:54
Thank you very much Ickie!

Thoe6969
July 27th, 2009, 13:00
Man it's been a long few days without this place,I was going stir crazy. Many thanks to the staff for getting this site back up and running.:medals:

wilycoyote4
July 27th, 2009, 13:27
actually he cannot!
thats one of the reasons
H
:medals::medals::medals: Dedication if ever there was. Yes, I agree, hero is a good word. My prayers go out in the days ahead. The flight sim world needs more of his kind.

Scratch
July 27th, 2009, 13:34
Thanks a bunch Ickie! Man, my weekend sucked without this place. Nice to see y'all again fellas:wavey::ernae:

Lateral-G
July 27th, 2009, 13:38
Many thanks Ickie!

heywooood
July 27th, 2009, 14:16
good job Ickie dude :ernae:

Javis
July 27th, 2009, 15:49

So your real name is yrneH then, right ? :mixedsmi:

I grew very fond of that cutey thursty squirrely after seeing it pop up so many times but it was wonderful to see it finally had enough and hopped away to make room for my fav forums again ! YIIIIIIHAAAAA!!!!! :greenf:

THANKS A MILLION, ICKIE !!! :medals: :applause::applause::applause:

Best of luck getting out of that hospital !!

Cheers,
Jan

doublecool
July 27th, 2009, 15:51
You are the MAN :ernae:

net1ninja
July 27th, 2009, 16:20
:guinness: :icon29: :guinness: :icon29: :guinness: :icon29: . . .

Thanks for getting everything restored! . . . been there a few times myself.

Once we had a squirrel cause a power outage in our DataCenter. We named him Sparky . . . :pop4:

Bjoern
July 28th, 2009, 07:23
Thabks for the recovery, guys! :ernae:
Kind of missed SOH in my daily "internet walkaround". :icon_lol: :jump:

UnknownGuest12
July 28th, 2009, 07:55
Muito Obrigado Ickie, many thanks, get well soon

Rayack
July 29th, 2009, 00:49
Merci pour tout et meilleurs voeux de rétablissement Ickie.

Gilles

Roger
July 29th, 2009, 01:31

It's still there, it's the SOH Home page: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/ After several seconds it reverts to the index page.

IanHenry
July 29th, 2009, 04:44
Thanks guys, it’s very much appreciated, well done.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Ian.

Lewis-A2A
July 29th, 2009, 04:56
:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:: ernae:

grunau_baby
July 29th, 2009, 06:38
I clicked my heels together and guess what: there´s no place like SOH!!!
Thanks Ickie and everyone involved in this marvelous recovery!!!:ernae:

Alex

Ian Warren
July 29th, 2009, 06:47
Hey time to take a break .. get away from it all .. come to New Zealand for a holiday .. and if that gets to boring .. put the call out , every town and city in Kiwi land would welcome you to a fine dinner right in front of there , our Flight sim PC , arrr what a holiday :isadizzy: