PDA

View Full Version : A Clash of Eagles

Helldiver
September 28th, 2008, 04:24
I just bought a set of movies from of all places, Rite-Aid Drug store. It's two DVDs, called "Clash of Eagles" for nine bucks. With over five hours of movies, that I don't remember ever seeing. Through out it all they interview actual flyers talking about their airplanes. It's a suprisingly good set of movies. A lot of gun camera shots.
They deal with P-51, P-47, P-40, Spitfires and Hurricanes. Unfortunatly, they don't have anythng about U.S. Navy planes. -The ones that really won the war.

jmig
September 28th, 2008, 04:52
I just bought a set of movies from of all places, Rite-Aid Drug store. It's two DVDs, called "Clash of Eagles" for nine bucks. With over five hours of movies, that I don't remember ever seeing. Through out it all they interview actual flyers talking about their airplanes. It's a suprisingly good set of movies. A lot of gun camera shots.
They deal with P-51, P-47, P-40, Spitfires and Hurricanes. Unfortunatly, they don't have anythng about U.S. Navy planes. -The ones that really won the war.

:costumes: Only the Pacific war, HD.

Helldiver
September 28th, 2008, 07:08
I beg your pardon. You forget about the PBY's that watched over the Convoys going to Europe and brought the sinkings down to zero. Or how about the members of VCS-7 who flew Spitfires and Seafires during D-Day?

Captain Tenneal
September 28th, 2008, 07:38

jmig
September 28th, 2008, 08:47
I beg your pardon. You forget about the PBY's that watched over the Convoys going to Europe and brought the sinkings down to zero. Or how about the members of VCS-7 who flew Spitfires and Seafires during D-Day?

Or General Doolittle's raid, the land based Bombers that bombed Tokyo, P-51s at several islands and B-29s that dropped the atomic bombs, which really ended the war. There were many people and aircraft who helped win the war in both Pacific and European theaters. I am only teasing your chauvinist pride for anything Navy. BTW- HD, my father worked on P-51s stationed on Iwo Jima. He too was proud of his Army Air Corps. I am proud of both fo you.

:)