PDA

View Full Version : Missing texture/effect

pernik
July 22nd, 2009, 06:54
My FXS install has recently developed a little annoying problem. The aircraft lights seem to be missing a texture or effect as I'm seeing the blue FSX default texture.
I've had this before on a different texture file when a uninstall routine was a little over zealous ( Razbam Intruder) but I haven't uninstalled anything recently so don't know what has caused it.

Does anyone know what the file is or where in the FSX Dvds I can find the original effects and texture files ?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

yago9
July 22nd, 2009, 09:13
See if you have this two files in you Effect folder.I think those are the default ones.I had the same problem when i lost the default smoke effect file for some wird reason.

fx_navwhi.fx or fx_navwhih.fx

Roger
July 22nd, 2009, 10:23
Also in the texture folder in the effects folder the textures are NAV_Green/Red/White.
I assume you're in Dx10 preview mode to get the blue square with the FsX logo on it. This usually means an invalid material like a light modeled into an Fs9 model ported over?

Roger
July 22nd, 2009, 10:48
I don't think you can extract files from the dvd so you might have to instigate a repair.

pernik
July 22nd, 2009, 11:13
Thanks everyone , given me some things to investigate :)
Yep I am in DX10 preview - but the problem occurs on pretty much all aircraft including the stock Cessna etc