PDA

View Full Version : Laundry List

DauntlessDriver546
October 20th, 2008, 06:36
I'm pulling my hair out... and I am kindly asking you fine folks to help point me in the right direction here...

1.) I am looking for skins for Akemi's A6M3B Zero.

2.) I am STILL looking for skins for the FDG A-20G PACIFIC THEATER ONLY.

3.) I am in the hunt for FDG P-51B Skins PACIFIC THEATER ONLY.

4.) For the FDG P-47D-23 Thunderbolt, my pilot is all white, and I don't know how to fix it.

5.) What is your opinion of Akemi's B5N2 Kate? Good or no good?

6.) I had a nice soundpack for the 0S2U Kingfisher and lost it... need advice on a good sound pack.

Thank you gents! Sorry if I sound stressed; I have two midterms today!

DD

Jagdflieger
October 20th, 2008, 07:29
DD,

1. There are a couple of skins for Akemi's A6M3 Zero. Talos painted a few of them, but he never uploaded to the library. The downloads from the forum were unfortunately lost in the latest server crash a few weeks ago.

Given that, look for Sandydog's mza6m3128.zip and mza6m322112.zip files

2. For the FGD Havoc, look for: RAAFHavocDUQ.zip, RAAFHavocDUP.zip; sc-fdg-a20skins.zip, FDG A20 Bonebreaker.zip; a_20g_pelican.zip, usaaf_havoc_321475.zip

Or search for the following authors of the skins: AGAS 5, Daniel Leahay; Emil Frand, Sopwith Chameleon.

3. ?

4. You are missing the texture files for the pilot. That is why he is white. I've attached the proper texture file. Just delete the ".txt" suffix and turn it back into a .bmp texture file and place it in your FDG P-47.

5. I don't think that Akemi has made any Kates. Do you mean Thicko's? If so, I use it extensively in my early PTO installations.

6. The Kingfisher used the Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Junior engine. It was a 9 cylinder radial producing about 450 horse power. Search the larger sites for any FS 8 or FS 9 sound files for it. They will work in CFS 2 or just use Lawdog's Wright R-1820 9 cylinder engine files that we have here in the library. I use those and they work great for any 9 cylinder radial.

Good luck on your tests!

UPDATE: I can't upload the texture file as it is over the 1 meg limit. Send me a PM with youir address.

OBIO
October 20th, 2008, 07:53
DD

I can help you with the sound pack.....Mike Hambly did an amazing sound pack for the Pratt and Whitney R-985 and it can be found on Flightsim.com. Look for ba_gbr.zip. Very very nice start up sounds. I have been trying to contact Mike for a while to get permission to upload a slightly modified version of his sound pack with CFS2 specific environmental sounds, some files from Lawdog's packs (flaps, gear, wind), and a twin R-985 configuration pack. I have not heard back from him....so will try again to get in touch with him.

OBIO

DauntlessDriver546
October 20th, 2008, 08:02
Thanks guys!

About my third request... I got the FDG P-51B from Donationware.com. I wanted to find some PTO skins for her, and the only one I have that's close is Tex Hill's.