PDA

View Full Version : Eto

westview
September 26th, 2008, 14:06
Figured I'd start a cheerful topic since it appears all of the other threads might be lost for some time.

remcoc
September 26th, 2008, 14:25
Can someone put the link to this new beauty back on?

RemcoC

Pat Pattle
September 26th, 2008, 14:27
http://www.koreanskies.com/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip (http://www.koreanskies.com/CFS3_ETO_Expansion_1.0.zip)

:)

middle
September 26th, 2008, 14:39
Thanks for doing that Clive...guys the link is also up at Netwings in acse of further crashes. I'm sure the situation will be totally under control. Man, I don't know what I'd do without SOH...it's become an old and dear friend.

middle
September 26th, 2008, 16:01
Before I start making new stickies regarding any of the sims, PTO, and ETO in particular, I am going to wait for a few days and see what the guys at the top of the SOH foodchain retrieve from the old database if these is anything that can be retrieved.Meanwhile, IF another crash should happen here at SOH, please post any questions you may have about the ETO Expansion over at Netwings' forum in the cfs3 section. Thanks, mid

wsmwsm
September 26th, 2008, 16:08
I have a cable modem, usually quite fast, but when I clicked on the download, nothing has happend thus far. Just an endless egg timer (in my case, a blue circle that spins around). I don't even reach the point where I get a time estimate.

I have Vista. Is that an issue here?

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 16:13
no, it's not. I too have vista and the download is at 50 percent, and should be done under an hour and a half. maybe your internet provider is getting a lot of traffic thus making your download go slow

rbp71854
September 26th, 2008, 16:15
W

Should not be a problem that you have Vista. I just tried the link and all seems fine.

I have a cable modem, usually quite fast, but when I clicked on the download, nothing has happend thus far. Just an endless egg timer (in my case, a blue circle that spins around). I don't even reach the point where I get a time estimate.

I have Vista. Is that an issue here?

wsmwsm
September 26th, 2008, 16:37
Still waiting. And it's not the first time I've not this today. I have no sense that's it's the provider. We shall see.

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 16:42
:banghead::banghead::banghead:aaargh!!! I closed the friggin download by mistake!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 16:43
whoa!! I just tried to download now and in went all the way up to 67%!! it mustve been saved in my cache!!:jump::jump:

westview
September 26th, 2008, 17:16
i've been dl'ing for 4 hours now and am at 55%

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 17:18
my inter net provider is slowing me down gradualy, I started at 160 kb/s now I'm at 80 kb/s

wsmwsm
September 26th, 2008, 17:28
I get the usual window with the message: "Do you want to open or save the file". I hit open and then . . .

Nothing. Just a little blue circle on top of a big empty window. . .forever and ever.

warfreak
September 26th, 2008, 17:44
try hitting save

R ramjet
September 26th, 2008, 18:18
I must be one of the luckie ones got it yesterday befor noon ,took 2 1/2 hours to download . it installed without a hitch runs real good.
I do have a question ... ok the cockpit in 109_e1 and e3 that bar...the one covering the clock.... is that bar in the correct place:kilroy:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=603

wsmwsm
September 26th, 2008, 18:25
Eureka. Hitting "save" seems to work, so far. Just 3 hours and 40 minutes to go.

Addendum: Well, now 5 hours and 20 minutes. Go figure.

middle
September 26th, 2008, 20:31
Yep, I think that bar or piece of metal framing was really there. Looks like some kind of brace to me. If ya have a track IR you can look up underneath there and see if the pilot left some gum or something!!

ronnybengt
September 27th, 2008, 01:11
mighty pit that is

R

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 05:20
maybe it's what the pilot holds on incase he changes his mind about bailing out:costumes:

ronnybengt
September 27th, 2008, 05:36
hehe..might be....

R

PJD
September 27th, 2008, 07:22
:belgium:
Downloaded overnight.
Started at 290kb/s but slowed down to 50-60 soon.
Don't know how many hours it took, but this morning it was completed. :jump:

Installation to be postponed for some days, some other priorities... :banghead:

westview
September 27th, 2008, 10:49
is there a way i can download eto in segments? my internet won't allow me to download past about 80%, i'll get there after 8 hours or so and then it'll just stop.

R ramjet
September 27th, 2008, 11:02
is there a way i can download eto in segments? my internet won't allow me to download past about 80%, i'll get there after 8 hours or so and then it'll just stop.

you should use a download manager.It lets you resume a download if it should stop

heres a link to a one you might consider

http://www.getright.com/

rbp71854
September 27th, 2008, 11:15
The ETO is packaged within an automatic installer and can not be separated in smaller segments. If you don't have luck using a download manager you might consider starting a thread for requesting a DVD swap.

westview
September 27th, 2008, 14:48
well it's 4 hours later and i'm at 76% which isn't bad so i'll see how the next 24% goes.

Ralph B
September 27th, 2008, 17:20
Looks like I will be downloading this for about 6 or 7 days.been downloading 3 days so far.really slow dialup connection that keeps shutting off. I'm using fresh download so I hope it works. any way to get this on a dvd? I have a cd writer but nothing to write a dvd with

westview
September 27th, 2008, 17:38
hey that download manager really worked! thanks:ernae:

warfreak
September 27th, 2008, 18:00
Looks like I will be downloading this for about 6 or 7 days.been downloading 3 days so far.really slow dialup connection that keeps shutting off. I'm using fresh download so I hope it works. any way to get this on a dvd? I have a cd writer but nothing to write a dvd with
a downloadable dvd perhaps?:costumes:

AERA
September 27th, 2008, 23:29
It took me about 40 minutes, but I cheated.:costumes::d

May have something to do with the number of downloads.

hairyspin
September 28th, 2008, 05:52
A download manager? Definitely. Mine took just over 2.5 hrs with GetRight left to download while I was getting my beauty sleep (need a lot).
On the cockpit question, that bar is the reason the blitzkrieg was so successful. It stops you clock-watching for your tea break, so the Luftwaffe never did stop for tea...

Slaine
September 28th, 2008, 09:54
Just over 7 hrs to download, including two internet connection drop-outs :censored:, which I scrambled to get at like a man posessed. Luckly enough the download continued from where it stopped, which is just as well as the first one was 5 hrs into it and SWMBO said that I would have been unbearable to live with for the rest of the day :costumes:

Phew... after all the downloading I'm going to leave it a few days before I install it, I need a clear head after all that !!

Thanks for all your efforts on this guys, looking forward to this.

ATB

WV-903
September 28th, 2008, 11:36
Hi Guys. If having trouble with ETO Download,try this Download manager, It worked OK for me.

www.freedownloadmanager.org (http://www.freedownloadmanager.org)

I've got the 2.5 version, found out about it in an old Sim-Outhouse thread.

:d:wavey:.

Bill T.