PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment Rights - Beware

Milton Shupe
July 20th, 2009, 15:14
Read the following and then read the bill at:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45.IH:

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all.

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, http://www..senate.gov/ You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text
Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has started.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply yourSocial Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe.

<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

<http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please... copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

Silver Fox
July 20th, 2009, 16:16
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

Milton Shupe
July 22nd, 2009, 05:09
Ah, thanks for clearing that up ... I feel better now. :)

Ivan
August 2nd, 2009, 19:06
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Sorry to rain on your recovery.
- Ivan.

stansdds
August 3rd, 2009, 02:09
H.R.45 is true, but so far it has not made it out of the judiciary committee.

aeromed202
August 3rd, 2009, 09:59
By what I have read about this bill just here, it seems it is not a move to disarm the public but rather a move to increase the responsibility, and accountability upon those who choose, or feel compelled to own a portable deadly weapon. In my profession I sometimes have to deal with the results of violent behavior including the use of guns by all sorts of people in all sorts of circumstances. I am especially concerned with the much ballyhooed cases involving the "law-abiding citizen". I have observed countless instances where these people have snapped and become violent, and if there is a gun handy things get real bad in a hurry. We all have our snap points, all of us. Those who wish to own a gun need to be mindful of this reality of human nature. If one can have a gun and maintain control of it and themselves then that's fine, but I still want PD with me when I have to into their house on a call.
I don't think this bill deserves to be demonized as the beginning of the end. I think it instead ought to be considered as an attempt to recognize the awesome responsibility one places on themselves if they own a gun. I will leave with this thought. When a police officer shoots a suspect to stop a threat and that suspect dies, the officer is essentially regarded as a murderer until an investigation is completed and he is found to have followed correct procedure. And that doesn't include the lawsuits from the suspects family, with or without merit. This is for a trained and sworn professional. Now say you shoot someone you believe is a threat to you and you injure them or they die. You better be ready for the consequences. You may be exonerated or you may not, but the fallout is usually severe, and usually with you a long time.

Just my observations and opinions.

stansdds
August 4th, 2009, 02:03
It's a licensing and registration scheme. The government knows about firearms sold through dealers (BATF forms), but they don't know about firearms that are sold between private citizens, given as gifts, or received as inheritances. In order to know exactly how many firearms there are, what types, who owns them and where they can be found, you need this sort of legislation. The fear is that once all firearms are registered it will be far easier for the government to begin confiscation and this is the path that has been used in other nations.

safn1949
August 28th, 2009, 19:24
As we all know,here's the problem.If you give an inch to a politician on anything ,they will run with it.Doesn't matter if it's gun control or health care.Make no mistake,they think(they being mostly on the left) that we are cattle,to be herded and told what to do.

It astounds them at times that we protest."If you would just let us do what is right for you,it would be much better" is the way they think.

And as for carrying a hand gun and responsibility as stated by the gentleman above......I drove a M60A1 at 19. 54 tons of main battle tank,but I'm too stupid to own a firearm.Imagine that.

2010 will be do or die for this country,we take it back or we watch it end as we know it and our freedom with it......your choice.:USA-flag:

stansdds
August 29th, 2009, 05:46
As we all know,here's the problem.If you give an inch to a politician on anything ,they will run with it.Doesn't matter if it's gun control or health care.Make no mistake,they think(they being mostly on the left) that we are cattle,to be herded and told what to do.
Yep, they seem to think the masses are too uneducated and stupid to live their own lives and make their own decisions. I think our public school systems are aiding in this concept. My seven year old granddaughter completed the first grade. She can tell you all about recycling and what's bad for the earth, but she still can't write all the letters in the alphabet in their proper orientation.

It astounds them at times that we protest."If you would just let us do what is right for you,it would be much better" is the way they think.
Yes, and the government is sooooo efficient with what they do and the money they spend. Just look at how well they run the postal system and Amtrak. The government is so great at providing such services that they are willing to take losses on everything just to be less expensive than commercial competitors. Of course, they must make up for those losses somewhere, so that difference is covered by our taxes, which Congress then uses to pay the portion of expenses not paid by user fees (stamps and boarding passes). Free health care? Nope, it's going to be paid by someone (anyone with a job, even minimum wage earners).

And as for carrying a hand gun and responsibility as stated by the gentleman above......I drove a M60A1 at 19. 54 tons of main battle tank,but I'm too stupid to own a firearm.Imagine that.
It used to be that you couldn't vote until age 21, but you could fight and die for your country at age 17. At least that has changed, but I agree, you can be trained and made resposible for the world's most leathal weapon systems well before your 21st birthday, but you can't own a handgun? Well, maybe Congress will fix that and simply eliminate the option of owning them, I know there are plenty of people who think that's a good idea. It seems that the mindset is that only the police and military should have firearms and by banning them from civilians we will also keep criminals from possessing them as well. Those who wish to do harm to others will always find a way, that's human nature. I believe in being able to defend myself, at least until I am provided with a body guard 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks per year.

2010 will be do or die for this country,we take it back or we watch it end as we know it and our freedom with it......your choice.:USA-flag:
I hope we do take it back. I think we would if elections were held today. But Americans tend to have very short memories and I fear that by November 2010 the majority of us will have forgotten 2009 and will be more interested in going to the movies or watching tv rather than voting out the bums.

Snuffy
August 29th, 2009, 06:26
No doubt there is a fire building ... someone is gonna get burned. :unitedstates: