PDA

View Full Version : Philippines

Talon
July 20th, 2009, 11:52
Some pics from Operations in the Philippines September 1944

Talon

olaf1924
July 20th, 2009, 17:52
Talon the pictures you posted are imho a work of art. I am wondering if you are working on a new phillipines campaign for cfs2 and how far it is from completion?

Bill Kestell
July 20th, 2009, 18:23
:ernae: Nice to see ya' back in the saddle ... the cockpit ... whatever ... lookin' real good! Thanks!:jump:

Talon
July 20th, 2009, 18:32
Talon the pictures you posted are imho a work of art. I am wondering if you are working on a new phillipines campaign for cfs2 and how far it is from completion?

These missions start in September 1944 with attacks on Davao and other bases in the Philippines than Formosa which was used as the main resupply base for The Philippines.I haven't even gotten to the invasion part yet.Right now I have 7 missions finished,most are attacks on shipping in the harbors and convoys.There is one intercept mission where you fly a Corsair in a Japanese night attack.There are alot more to do and it takes time to set up a 20 -30 ship Task Group sometimes.I will also be doing Okinawa and attacks on Japan.So I'd say at least 6 months to do them depending on how much time I have to work on them.

I also have another project I'm working on with others that has to be done by late fall so that will be taking up some of my time.But it's not for CFS2.I do work on most of the flight sims.

During the missions you will be flying Helldivers,Avengers,Hellcats and Corsairs.

Talon

olaf1924
July 20th, 2009, 18:42
Talon thanks for the update.:medals:

Talon
July 20th, 2009, 20:24
I was originally going to just update the old Philippine and Okinawa Campaigns but I don't really like to do that.I did update the Nagumo Campaign and converted a CFS1 Battle of Britain Campaign but other than that I'd rather do the research and start from scratch.I do update my own missions and campaigns as new planes and ships come out,even now I am updating my AVG and CATF with some donationware P-40E's with the new skins.I also updated the old DOA with new planes.With the new scenery made since than it should make it even better.

I'm not taking a shot at anyone who updates campaigns because I know some are old and need it so take no offense.I know it can be alot of work when you change things and than get it work right.

Talon

Rami
July 20th, 2009, 20:27
I know, it's always fun to do something new. I did that with CAI / Chianti.

Shadow Wolf 07
July 21st, 2009, 10:41
Are you using Maskrider's Philippine bases? BTW, nice screenshots :applause:

dvslats
July 21st, 2009, 11:37
Drooling...rubbing my two hand together...:applause:

Talon
July 21st, 2009, 11:57
Are you using Maskrider's Philippine bases? BTW, nice screenshots :applause:

When I first started I couldn't download the MR bases so I used the scenery in the original campaign.I now have the MR Philippines and I'm replacing the old bases.

I may also have different DP's for my planes so they will be in the package when done.

Talon

Talon
July 21st, 2009, 14:34
One of the Harbor attacks before the Invasion of Leyte.

Talon

Devildog73
July 21st, 2009, 20:55
Talon, just out of curiosity, is it possible in CFS2 to skip bomb ships?

I know that many allied bombers and fighter-bombers found it very effective against Japanese ships, from what I have read.

Talon
July 21st, 2009, 21:12
Devildog

Pen32Win came up with away to do it.He modified a 500lb bomb into a torpedo and it works pretty good.Check out the B-25's he uploaded a while back.Some of them if not all have the special bomb included.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Pen32Win

Talon