PDA

View Full Version : Pilot's Yahoo Chatroom

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 18:42
For those of you that are addicted to SOH and talking about planes (and even Sims), there is an online Yahoo pilot chatroom called 'The Hanger'.

First, you must be a Yahoo member (I think the entire world has a free yahoo account), then click open the Chat 'thing' and at the top click 'Messenger/Yahoo Chat/Join a Room/ and paruse down to 'Recreation and Sports' and click that open, and scroll down to The Hanger, and click on that.

Sometimes there are some Russian bots in there that say goofy things, and usually have serial numbers attached to them, like Bambi'sWild_290348923. If you encouter the Bambi's, ignore them by right clicking on them and selecting 'ignore'. Then when a pilot comes in, you can all chat planes for a bit.

Just remember, everyone is in diff time zones, evening in England is morning in the 'Colonies' ;)

Some great people come in there. Some are airline pilots, some are regular down to earth, general aviation pilots, some are simmers like myself, some Air Traffic Control people, and stwardesses, (stewardesses really hate to be called that, so call them flight attendents or they will go crazy nuts).

So, if we go off line for a few days, this is your emergency chat outlet. :d

In Yahoo, I am socrates112. So if soc comes in, thats me.

:ernae:

Bill

harleyman
July 19th, 2009, 19:05
Good to know Bill...

I might just have to check that out...

I have had a yahoo account for like 7 years and never opened that chat box deal....LOL It scares me....:running: