PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Tampa Bay and Philly!

Rami
October 20th, 2008, 03:05
To all, As a die-hard Red Sox fan it pains me to say it, but Tampa Bay was the better team. I tip my cap to Joe Madden and the Tampa Bay players. I must say I am not devastated by this, and it will be nice to see some new blood.
You guys have some good, young talent there in Tampa, and you've earned this chance. We're going to rest up and be ready for ya next year. We'll get Beckett back into ace form, J.D. Drew will get his back fixed, David Ortiz will have a healthy wrist, and we'll have Mike Lowell healthy again.

So enjoy your time in the World Series. :applause: Just don't expect me to root for ya. :d

I'll turn my attention full-bore to the Pats, Bruins, and Celtics.

EgoR64
October 20th, 2008, 03:34
:wavey:

I agree, Good to see some new faces !! Both are exciting teams to watch, should be a fun one !!

Cheers to both teams................

Dirtman
October 20th, 2008, 04:25
Gee Rami; Life sure is tough down there. -I feel your pain Bro!

Try to be thankful for what you have..... it could be much worse ... you could live in Toronto.

The Blue Jays haven't made the playoffs in 15 years I think. (after back to back World Series Titles)

Oh yeah; ..... we also have the Toronto "Make-Beliefs" ........ :redf: :redf: :redf:

Although the Raptors (Barney's?) seem to look a bit better each year & seem to be off to a good start in the pre-season ....
- I'm sure they'll find a way to screw-up.

Toronto seems to be the "black hole" of professional sports........... :banghead:

I gave up watching all of them .... now I just drink heavily :ernae:

I'm thinking of joining the next Canadian Olympic Drinking team...
- My event? "The Drinking Broad-Jump" :applause: :applause:

Maybe I'll just join the Canadian Armed Forces ..... I'm "Instructor Level" in "Hand to Glass" combat.....

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

FAC257
October 21st, 2008, 01:09
Go Rays!

Last time I had a baseball team to root for was when we were stationed at Andrews AFB. The Washington Senators and my hero was Frank Howard the first baseman.

I tried to root for the Marlins back a few years when they were doing really well, but it just wasn't the same.

I agree the idea of fresh faces in the series even if the Rays weren't my team.