PDA

View Full Version : OT Sailed away

Talon
July 18th, 2009, 16:37
I left port on July 5th headed for Tahiti.We made port in Tahiti July 16th about 2AM.The trip was uneventful but fun.Nothing like be on the open sea and watch the sun come up or go down even the stars are brighter and the moon looks great shining on the water.Expect to be home the end of August.

I figured it was time for a vacation.

I have satellite access to the internet so I can keep in touch with everyone.

Talon

loverboy1
July 18th, 2009, 18:04
rest , love and drink alot of distilled water and bring down your mind, to a calm and place where you love alot

enjoy

tks for your work

joshua

O-1Driver
July 18th, 2009, 18:05
I left port on July 5th headed for Tahiti.We made port in Tahiti July 16th about 2AM.The trip was uneventful but fun.Nothing like be on the open sea and watch the sun come up or go down even the stars are brighter and the moon looks great shining on the water.Expect to be home the end of August.

I figured it was time for a vacation.
I have satellite access to the internet so I can keep in touch with everyone.
Talon

Pictures Al, we need pictures when you get home. Hope you are having a great time.
Steve

Capt. Winters
July 18th, 2009, 18:24
Hi Al,

you lucky bugger...

I'm wondering what happens when you reach a new country on your yacht? do you have to attend a customs office etc? is it difficult to get in and out of these places you visit? I mean its not like an airport were you go through customs... (mind you that could be agood thing, I hate waiting at imigration in airports)

hope you have a smashing time,

regards Rob.

PS I'm with Steve pictures mate..

Talon
July 18th, 2009, 18:32
Rob
We have to go through some of that too.Plus need permissions to enter Port.Fortunatly they knows us as we've been going there for the last 4 years.

Talon

hairyspin
July 19th, 2009, 09:26
Have you read Jack Lagan's Barefoot Navigator? I'd love a chance like you're getting to try some of the celestial navigation methods he describes - although I'd keep the GPS going all the same!

Best wishes from those of us under the Seven Stars and the Summer Triangle.

Led Zeppelin
July 19th, 2009, 10:17
hey, Papeete!! I've been to Tahiti twice, French Polynesia is Paradise on Earth.

cristiano103
July 19th, 2009, 11:17
Good rest Al, send us a postcard of those places :icon_lol::wavey:

Cris

Led Zeppelin
July 19th, 2009, 11:50
If you want a good poisson cru au lait de coco, you can go to 'Chez Mémène', it's close to the market.