PDA

View Full Version : fair well

scruff
July 18th, 2009, 11:44
The worlds oldest man,Henry Allingham,and last man STANDING from WW11 has died.He was 113 years of age.He was born in Clapton,east London,in1896.This man lived through 3 centuries,and the hell of war.I think his rest is deserved,and his respect undoubted.A true hero.bless you,and thank you Henry Allingham.

scruff
July 18th, 2009, 11:49
I am sorry,WW1,it wasWW1,not WW11.

smilo
July 18th, 2009, 12:05
Rest in Peace, Mr. Allingham

jackedwardmorris95
July 19th, 2009, 10:07
He was also such a nice guy, Watch the last Tommy made a few years ago about WWI veterans. There is one left, Harry patch, after him there will be none,

Jack

Ghost_Pony
July 19th, 2009, 23:20
I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Mr. Allingham when I was at RAF Duxford several years ago, he was an incredibly gracious gentleman & actually funny as hell. I got to talk powerplant mechanics with him for two whole hours. He gave me some incredible insights on early aviation & as one of my jobs is restoring WWII radial aircraft powerplants it was incredibly enlightening, not to mention delightful.

May God keep him & reunite him with those he lost in the Great War & beyond

-Ghost Pony

P.S. If anyone ever wishes to read a fantastic book about WWI look in bookstores for "To The Last Man" by Jeff Shaara. Two of the first person accounts are from Raoul Lufberry of the Lafayette Escradrille & Manfred Von Richtofen

miamieagle
July 20th, 2009, 10:07
May he rest in peace!:engel016: