PDA

View Full Version : Terra Moon; Lunar Sim

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 11:32
Hey guys,

Anyone have the latest version of this?

http://secure.simmarket.com/terrabuilder-moon.phtml

3 Huge lunar bases, a vehicle to fly around in, super cool terrain, planet wide, uses the flight sim as the platform, can switch from Moon mode back to Earth mode, no files are at risk...

This really sounds interesting.....

I wonder if they will be doing Mars?

Bill

Bone
July 18th, 2009, 11:42
I've thought about getting it, it looks really cool.

JT8D-9A
July 18th, 2009, 12:20
The coolest thing for FS9 which i know. Does it depict the complete moon (so is it e.g. possible to visit the Apollo landing sites?)?

spotlope
July 18th, 2009, 12:35
I met the author, Misho, at the 2007 DevCon in Redmond. He showed Holger and I the version he was working on at the time, and we were blown away. The amount of thought that went into re-creating the moon using FS was just incredible. He's thought of things like scaling (the moon is a whole lot smaller than the Earth, a fact which had to be taken into account), the effects of low-gravity on flight dynamics -- he even created moonrocks as autogen! All in all, a very impressive effort. It's too bad there's not an FSX version, but after seeing what he went through to make this one, I can fully understand why.

This might be a good reason to put FS9 back on my system. Thanks for the reminder!

bushpilot
July 18th, 2009, 13:16
Wow! The screenies have that spooky "2001" feeling about them. And it certainly looks like a lot of effort has gone into that. Too bad FS9 is forever banned from my system:kilroy:.

bruce448
July 18th, 2009, 14:07
In a couple of years you'll need some space marines to fight off the aliens and predators not to mention Sigourney Weaver

Boomer
July 18th, 2009, 14:51
How cool is that...

I need to finish that Eagle & then make Moon Base Alpha :running:

Piglet
July 18th, 2009, 18:31
Already got the spaceplane to help you get there...

JT8D-9A
July 19th, 2009, 05:07
"no real lunar locales have been represented. As soon as the high resolution data becomes available in the near future, the topography will be upgraded to include the areas covered."
That's the only thing which is holding me back :kilroy:

Javis
July 19th, 2009, 07:03
Tempting !

This really sounds interesting....

Well, will it, i wonder..... :mixedsmi:

Down here on earth in our beloved virtual world sound is extremely important,isn't it. Imagine hop inside your P-51, start up that Merlin and hear nothing..... More than half of the magic is gone...

Nothing about sound in the description of this Lunar sim, maybe because there is non....

Might just be that hearing no sound ( maybe apart from some 'Houston we have a problem' radio chatter ?.... ) may actually enhance the immersive feeling of being on the moon rather than on earth...

I might just grab a copy to find out. The screenshots look very promising. Are we going to see the Blue Planet i wonder... no evidence in the screenies about that...

Thanks for the HU, Bill. :applause:

cheers,
Jan