July 18th, 2009, 09:09
Ooooh. . . ! nice old sleds !

:applause:

cheezyflier
July 18th, 2009, 09:55
the blown and tubbed, orange 3 window, man, tha's how i like it

Daveroo
July 18th, 2009, 10:40
if you know who Joe Bailion is..he lives in auburn ca,was born and raised in newcastle,,lived next door to my brother inlaws mother..and because of that childhood friendship,when he moved back from los angeles,,my dad and i became friends with him..he is the guy who first came up with "candy apple red" and he has done hundreds of "lead sleds" mostly mercs..once a year there is a carshow at the fair grounds that is supposed to be a "tribute to a living legend" type thing for him...ive seen some show stopping cars..like the orignal hirohita merc after it was found and restored..but unlike an autorama..the hirohita merc when i saw it was sitting with doors n hood open...guy says..have a seat..so i sat behind the steering wheel...very cool..how many can say that??....over the years ive seem award winning cars built by barris,roush,bailion,foose and many many others...all because Joe lives here and believes in a "open show"
anywho...guess im braggin..but ive seen some awesome kustoms over the years up close and personal...i had a 77 buick la sabre landou 2 door coupe...was a rare car..at the time i had it..only three 77s were registered in california..most of the cars were 4 doors...but joe saw it oneday and went ape****..wanted to customize it...i told him he could do whatever he wanted...as long as he footed the bill and gave it back when done...he laughed and walked away....lol..i loaned it to my sister and brother inlaw for 3 months..well that was the duration..i was at my local watering hole enjoying a cold brew when the phone rang and my dad said...i think ya car is on fire at the maidu market...i was...well i had had a few so i asked him to take care of it since i couldnt drive..and i walked home....turned out..they had gone to infinion raceway for drag racing..and "slug" decided he was a race car driver...my nephew told me he was "cruising" at 102mph..when all of a sudden the tranny when PUKE...and they limped the car about 20 miles home where it caught fire just about a 1/2 mile from my house...they then all piled into their friends car and left it sitting where it was...dad had to call a tow truck and bring it to my house..i inspected the car..there was no water in the radiator..tranny pan was GONE..oil was 3 quarts low...oh turned out it was NOT on fire..was the tranny fluid smoking...i looked in the trunk and thier was some guys clothes..with a pair of tighty whites with a layer of poo smeared on em...5 half eaten hamburgers..turned out my slug inlaw would throw his garbage in my trunk rather than a garbage can..and other nasty stuff was in there...in the back seat i found food ground into the rear floor...the upolstry..with was as good as new 3 months earlier..was torn to pieces...slug was a wannabe biker and had to wear his knife in my car and tore the **** outta my seats...

then after all this in 2000 i bought a brand new pickup...chevy silverado vortec 6000 300 hp...and slug says two days after i had it...we dont have any cars..we need to borrow your truck..gimme the keys....not can we..or may we..but were going to...i beat the crap outta him...my family was mad at me for months,but i didnt care.....

whew....i think im venting..................shup dave:engel016:

brad kaste
July 18th, 2009, 10:41
Love that 50' or 51' Ford.
Dave,...thanks for sharing the story. I would have felt the same way.

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 10:48
Awesome photos Panther! Bookmarked!

:applause:

Check those Germany mini cars out! The Issetta'a and the black Messerschimdt. woo hoooooo

Bill

Daveroo
July 18th, 2009, 11:04
this is wildbill the roseville cal tattoo artists ride....he has several cute lil cars..i didnt get any pics cause thier were too many people..but there were 3 BMW issetas at this airshow as well..there is a club or something in auburn..last year there were 8 of them at the auburn airshow

djscoo
July 18th, 2009, 18:48
this is wildbill the roseville cal tattoo artists ride....he has several cute lil cars..i didnt get any pics cause thier were too many people..but there were 3 BMW issetas at this airshow as well..there is a club or something in auburn..last year there were 8 of them at the auburn airshow
looks like this:

J9Z4R2uLv-A

Panther_99FS
July 18th, 2009, 20:38
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3345/3622911741_80fa856b35_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3312/3621117376_d6397f5224_b.jpg