PDA

View Full Version : Military Channel F-4

Jetmechanic
July 17th, 2009, 19:10
The Military Channel Great Plane series has the F-4 Phantom on tonight. Great show about the F-4 and close-ups on the flight controls and very detailed on what it could carry. WE need F-4's for FSX

Phantoms Phorever

jmig
July 18th, 2009, 06:25
Scratch gave me a HU on it. I tuned it in 10 mins into the program. I thought it interesting to see my old steed the RF-4C to be the model they stood next to.

Some good memories in that bird. I wish they had gone more into how rugged she was. I was at 205# back then. The zero/zero Martin Baker seat was good to 240 or 245#s with gear, I was close to that weight. I decided that unless she was about to hit a building or large vehicle (blue pickups didn't count) I would ride her to the end on a bad landing or aborted T/O. I trusted the strength that much.

She brought many an aircrew home with wings and tails half shot off.

If ever there was a male symbol that represented power and strength, it was the F-4. It was pure brute power.

Ahhh, I wander and reminisce...

kilo delta
July 18th, 2009, 11:49
One of my ealiest memories is of a pair of Spey'd Phantoms ,at operational height and with the engines wound up to the last, flying over my house.My all time favourite military jet without a shadow of a doubt.
John.....congrats on living the dream!:ernae::applause: