PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in US airfields durring WWII

bobhegf
July 17th, 2009, 19:04
Here are three pictures of six airfields I have redone to correct some problems.If so I will continue to rework them and put them up.You will have to put in your on objectes aircraft and ships hangers and such.

olaf1924
July 17th, 2009, 19:12
The photos look great and no you should not give up.:medals:

Devildog73
July 17th, 2009, 19:19
Wow, Bolling AFB before it was runwayless with Reagan National on the other side of the Potomac River before it was Reagan!

Then Norfolk NAS.

Patuxant NAS.

Am I correct?

Devildog73
July 17th, 2009, 19:21
BTW, YES, I am interested.

bobhegf
July 17th, 2009, 19:30
Devildog73 on the nose.

miamieagle
July 17th, 2009, 19:34
Me too!:icon_lol:

bobhegf
July 17th, 2009, 19:43
You forgot one MCAS Cherry Point.A little info about Cherry Point. It was started 18 days before Pearl was attacked and once built it became an active training and repair center for the east coast.It was also used by all services but was under the command of the Marines.It was assigned the same duty as NAS Norfolk NAS which was to retrain or update returning combat pilots from the PTO as well as the ETO in new aircombat concepts and upgrade there nav skills.

Cowboy1968
July 17th, 2009, 19:56
God yess

Captain Tenneal
July 17th, 2009, 20:01
"always east coast" :naturesm: NP tho we like it all Bob

rmalone
July 18th, 2009, 02:19
by all means-looking good
RM

merlin2
July 18th, 2009, 09:18
I am very interested in US bases (and canadian too); Also, would love it iif Rhumbafallpy would give us North and South america in LOD8.

Jagdflieger
July 18th, 2009, 10:19
Lookin' good Bob!

erufle
July 19th, 2009, 05:34
I have a USA install with your fields on them. I want to keep it updated so please continue. The only problem is that I love flying campaigns and there are none out-side of your training campaign. I want to see a what if campaign for NA that includes dogfights and carpet bombing (or a nuke attack).

erufle
July 19th, 2009, 05:34
If I ever find time I gotta be a campaign maker.

Pops
July 19th, 2009, 06:04
bobhegf,

Absolutely, I love them.

bobhegf
July 19th, 2009, 08:43
On some of the fields I have taken out the FSSC scenery or part of it so that we can GSL CFS2 scenery. What I will do is up load the scenery when I am finished and with each base a pic of what I have done with my GSL scenery and leave it up to you to do with it what you like.The reason is I may have somthings that you don`t so I am playing it safe .Besides you fellows need some thought provoking work to lol.

bobhegf
July 19th, 2009, 14:38
I went back and DLed my US Training V1 pack and found that I didn`t have Pensacola in the pack. I have redone it but you will have to do your own gsl work.I want to check the other areas around Pensacola to make sure I have them all before I upload them.

DHC120
August 7th, 2009, 10:04
Here are three pictures of six airfields I have redone to correct some problems.If so I will continue to rework them and put them up.You will have to put in your on objectes aircraft and ships hangers and such.

Bob E;
I not new to Flight Simming, but I haven't messed with CFS2 that much (owned the CD for a couple of years, now).
My Dad was a WWII era pilot (20 yr career USAAF & USAF Officer/Pilot) and I'm replicating his "Flight Hours" in the actual planes and, where possible, from the actual airfields. (I even have his 1950 "Sectionals" of Texas)
Point being, I am GREATLY interested in WWII era air bases, training bases, auxiliary fields, etc. in Texas (Cuero, Brady, Pyote [several], Big Spring, etc.)
I appreciate you taking the time AND making the effort to make an important, and overlooked, part of Flight Simming.. real "era" bases..
Where do we find the upgraded bases?
Thanks.
Charles.

bobhegf
August 7th, 2009, 16:26
I haven`t completed the upgrade to some of the bases so it will be a while before I am ready to upload them.I am trying to find someone to build some new training aircraft for us to use as well so that we will have some good training missions.

DHC120
August 7th, 2009, 21:56
I haven`t completed the upgrade to some of the bases so it will be a while before I am ready to upload them.I am trying to find someone to build some new training aircraft for us to use as well so that we will have some good training missions.

Bob;
That would be great.. Wish I knew how to do that stuff.. I'm doing good to login to SOH ;-}
Based on my Dad's Flight Logs and Form Fives, the plane flown for his "Primary" training was the Fairchild PT-19A in Cuero, Texas for exactly 60 hrs.. This plane is available for FS9.. I've heard they will work in CFS2.. I don't know for certain, tho.
For "Basic" training he flew the Vultee BT-13A and the Vultee BT15 out of Brady, Texas for an additional 70hrs.
"Ellington Field Time" (Houston, Texas) is listed next, flying the AT-17's, AT-10's, AT-6's for another 90Hrs 10min.
Then Bomber Training at Big Spring Army Air Field (AAFBS), Texas, in the AT-11's, BT-18A's, AT-17's and a half hour in a BC-1.. Total additional hours: 389hrs 15 min for a grand total of 609hrs 25min to that point.
Don't know if that will be of any help, but it's an accurate listing of some of the training aircraft used in 1942 thru 1944.

Charles.

miamieagle
August 8th, 2009, 06:59
Bring them on please!

Thank you!