PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak performance after the update

bushpilot
July 17th, 2009, 13:39
Is anyone else having underperforming plane after updating to build 2.4 of Lionheart Kodiak? Previously I was able to squeeze it out of the some of most challenging spots, but now I hardly get airborne before the runway runs out:icon_lol:.

And If I try climb out and pitch the nose up ten degrees it starts to slow down and never even reaches 100 knots, and that is with full throttle. I think it is a torque issue or something, because it reaches 70 knots easily but after that sort of loses it's thrust power....:engel016:

harleyman
July 17th, 2009, 14:01
Check your settings in FSX for NULL on that throttle...

I have not had that issue..But I'm not sure I updated it too!

bushpilot
July 17th, 2009, 14:12
Yeah I've checked it and calibrated my controls, but no avail. Just reverted back to 2.3 and that build performs great.

Here's shot of torque gauge when at full throttle, seems pretty low
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/kodiaktorque.jpg

harleyman
July 17th, 2009, 14:27
You are correct..The torque is low...I will pass this along to Bill..Thanks

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 16:04
Im on it.

Goodness, that reading should put it at redline, as 1795 is pretty high.

I think I know what it could be.

arrghh.. :isadizzy:

Bill

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 16:38
Ok...

First, I have a quick fix. Go into your 'aircraft.cfg' file of the Kodiak, browse down to the 'turboprop_engine' section, and change the power scaler from 1.0 to 1.5.

This will restore your climbout and top end speeds and will not effect power on the ramp when at idle, (static thrust).

In this new update, we had to lower Torque to 1795 and fix the slow spool up issue. Well, in adjusting these, I overlooked top end speed and climbout power. My gigantic oops.

The MFD power readout 'dial' should be near redline at 1795 pounds of torque. We will need to go in and adjust the gauge code for that dial so its functioning 100%.

I will have an update out for this ASAP. My apologies for letting this happen guys.. Bad bad me.. I will have to think of a punishment now for myself for letting this happen.

Bill

doublecool
July 17th, 2009, 16:56
What build are you on now? because this is what mine is:kilroy:

[turboprop_engine]
power_scalar = 0.7
maximum_torque = 5200 //was at 1938

harleyman
July 17th, 2009, 17:06
You Da Man Bill.............:monkies:

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 17:17
The newest Build is 2.4.

[turboprop_engine]
power_scalar = 1.0 //was at 0.7
maximum_torque = 1795 //was at 5200 then at 1938

The above is the new engine tune.

If you have updated to 2.4, please change your power scaler to

[turboprop_engine]
power_scalar = 1.5 //was at 0.7 << 1.5 instead of 1.0

Bill

cheezyflier
July 17th, 2009, 17:42
i see i am totally behind the 8 ball here. i am still using build 2.2

doublecool
July 17th, 2009, 18:27
Sorry Lionheart :kilroy:

I still got the 2.3

I'll get the latest up date one of these days

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 19:33
I have already launched Build 2.4b

Its up at Lionheart Creations (Flight1 and PayPal/PayLoadz).
Sim Market and PCAviator have been notified and should have it up hopefully soon, (usually in the next 24 hours. SimMarket is in Germany, and PCAviator is usually very busy).

This fixes the power issue.

The gauge issue (dial not showing redline) will be rectified in Build 2.5. For now, all is running smoothly with that update.

:d

(goes to put on stress ointments on eyebrows... )

Bill

bushpilot
July 18th, 2009, 00:23
Millions of thanks Bill!! You are the fastest developer I know in fixing the bugs, seriously awesome:medals::medals:. I hope that stress ointment works, you don't wanna lose those hefty silver eyebrows:engel016:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif

harleyman
July 18th, 2009, 02:43
Good Grasious Bill!

That was fast..........It made my head :isadizzy:

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 03:22
Thanks guys,

I want these birds running proper. I hate bugs...

Bill

doublecool
July 18th, 2009, 03:47
Most flown aircraft in the hanger

:applause::applause::applause:

italoc
July 18th, 2009, 08:20
Hi Bill
is wonderful your Kodiak.:medals:
Where can I download updated version (2.4) ???
(I've bought the original from SkySim and their site is down :isadizzy:)
Italo

RudiJG1
July 18th, 2009, 08:33
Thanks, Bill, for the terrific aircraft and the dedicated bug crushing.:applause:

harleyman
July 18th, 2009, 08:50
Hi Bill
is wonderful your Kodiak.:medals:
Where can I download updated version (2.4) ???
(I've bought the original from SkySim and their site is down :isadizzy:)
Italo

Hey Italo...I sent Bill a message about this..i'm sure he will respond shortly for you....:wavey:

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 11:03
Im back. Slept in this morning. :d

Italo, I havent heard of SkySim. They are perhaps a mirror site for PCAviator or SimMarket? (I hope). :kilroy:

I sell through Flight1, PayPal/PayLoadz, SimMarket, and PCAviator. Flight1, PayPal, and SimMarket are udpated to Build 2.4b. PCAviator have been terribly busy, having issues with their website, and I havent heard from them in a week, so I have no idea when then will have it up and running. They were notified though yesterday evening on this, so hopefully today the installer will be updated.

If you want to go flying, just email me and we can do a go around.

william 'at' lionheartcreations 'dot' com

Bill

bushpilot
July 18th, 2009, 13:28
Ok after the update we're back in the STOL business and I can call Kodiak a bush plane once againhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif. Nice updates also on the Garmin, now it shows airport names:jump:.

And as it happens here's the latest Kodiak skin (I'm to lazy for making a new thread for it lol). This was a request and one for my homeland; Finnish Frontier Guard:wavey::

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/FFG.jpg

Lionheart
July 18th, 2009, 16:50
Awesome paint scheme Pekka! Some brilliant colors. Almost looks like a racing team or delivery service theme.

:applause:

Bill

cheezyflier
July 18th, 2009, 18:33
ok, i have a couple of dummy questions.

1) i can't remember the name of banana bob's prop, to move from the old to the new before i install it. can someone enlighten me?

2) when i d/l this latest version (2.4) i got a message saying it was the last time they were going to let me do it.
in the future, i will have to contact customer service.
is that for real? will that be for every update or just the next one?

bushpilot
July 19th, 2009, 04:33
Awesome paint scheme Pekka! Some brilliant colors. Almost looks like a racing team or delivery service theme.

Thanks, it is a pretty striking scheme. In the real world it is on FFG's Do228 aircraft:mixedsmi:

ok, i have a couple of dummy questions.

2) when i d/l this latest version (2.4) i got a message saying it was the last time they were going to let me do it.
in the future, i will have to contact customer service.
is that for real? will that be for every update or just the next one?

I think you're referring to F1 wrapper system. Go here (https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=kman) to reactivate the key, and you're good to go again. They let you install the product x-number of times before you need to reactivate the key again.

Lionheart
July 19th, 2009, 06:27
CF;

Pekka's on it. Just ask them to renew it. Tell them its for all of Bills dang updates.

:d

As a matter of fact, I think its automatic.

Bill

italoc
July 19th, 2009, 07:54
Im back. Slept in this morning. :d

Italo, I havent heard of SkySim. They are perhaps a mirror site for PCAviator or SimMarket? (I hope). :kilroy:

I sell through Flight1, PayPal/PayLoadz, SimMarket, and PCAviator. Flight1, PayPal, and SimMarket are udpated to Build 2.4b. PCAviator have been terribly busy, having issues with their website, and I havent heard from them in a week, so I have no idea when then will have it up and running. They were notified though yesterday evening on this, so hopefully today the installer will be updated.

william 'at' lionheartcreations 'dot' com

Bill

Thanks Bill,
everything solved (my mistake: I had your Kodiak from SimMarket not Skysim ..:isadizzy: ... ) so I got Build 2.4 from them :applause:
Thanks again and ciao from
Italo

Chacha
July 19th, 2009, 08:06

Bill

A special invitation from Lionheart? WOW, What a great service!

Eli :running: