PDA

View Full Version : Suscribed thread that I have not suscribe to...

hubbabubba
July 17th, 2009, 11:53
Hello guys:wavey:

For a couple of months now, I have been receiving e-mails for "subscribed thread" ... that I have not subscribed to:redfire:!!!

Going to my profile page, I found a plethora of threads concerning FSX and FS COF, two games I don't even have!:isadizzy:

I keep deleting them, but they keep creeping into my "subscribed thread" column.

Am I the only one plagued with that annoyance?

Is there a solution to stop it?

smilo
July 17th, 2009, 14:06
it is a glitch that occurred after the crash.
may of us get them.
basically, before the crash, you were subscribed to a thread with the same number that has long since vanished, but the system doesn't know that.
the only thing you can do is click on the unsubscribe link when you get the email notification.

Ivan
July 17th, 2009, 14:47
I have tried to unsubscribe everything but that doesn't work either.
It only happens about every three or four days, so it doesn't bother me too much.

- Ivan.

GT182
July 17th, 2009, 19:13
Try unsubscribing from your User CP. Click on Edit Options. Then scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode and select Do Not Subscribe.

That's how I got it to stop for me awahile back.... before the big crash. It should still work. Hope it helps.

minuteman10
July 17th, 2009, 20:01
~S~...Just buy the damn games!!!!:173go1:

smilo
July 17th, 2009, 20:45

:jawdrop: :icon_lol:

hubbabubba
July 17th, 2009, 23:08
And have them run on what, MM, my knees?:kilroy:

On a more serious note; knowing that I'm not alone with that predicament is a bit comforting, but only a bit!:173go1:I was starting to think that someone had found a way to get into my profile.:eek:

What's the point of having to sift through dozen of SOH e-mails notices to find those I'm really interested in? Better to go directly to CFS1 pages and have a look by myself; faster and more to the point.

I have weeded-out all the spurious threads I was wrongly subscribed to, so maybe I will use it again.

But FSX threads are popping like rabbits on a blue pill ride, so I don't expect the place to stay tidy for long.

smilo
July 18th, 2009, 05:59
What's the point of having to sift through dozen of SOH e-mails notices to find those I'm really interested in? Better to go directly to CFS1 pages and have a look by myself; faster and more to the point.

I have weeded-out all the spurious threads I was wrongly subscribed to, so maybe I will use it again.

But FSX threads are popping like rabbits on a blue pill ride, so I don't expect the place to stay tidy for long.

the point still is, it is a glitch that most of us just deal with.
repairing it is so low on the SOH priority list, it does not exist.
if it is to burdensome, GT182's advice will take care of it, then,
"Better to go directly to CFS1 pages and have a look by myself; faster and more to the point."

sorry, it is the best I can do.

hubbabubba
July 18th, 2009, 07:36
I'm not blaming anyone here, smilo :173go1:.

Ivan
July 18th, 2009, 12:03
I do not have any intentional subscriptions at the moment and only ever subscribed to about a half dozen threads. I have deleted about twice that many in the last couple months and they keep coming. If it is just misassigned numbers, they would not still be coming. There is probably something else going on here.

Tom Clayton
July 18th, 2009, 18:41
It's identical to the other issue regarding post edits that that admin's were able to fix. Prior to the last crash, let's say you were subscribed to thread #12345. After the rebuild, the thread count started at 1 again. But that old database file that thinks your subcribed to #12345 is still there. That thread doesn't exist, so nothing happens - until someone finally starts the 12,345th thread somewhere on the board. Now thread #12345 exists, and the db file starts sending you notices again, even though it's a totally different thread, most likely in a section of the forum you never even read.

It's a minor annoyance, nothing more. Part of my regular routine nowadays is to check my list of subcribed threads for ones that I've never posted in, which is easy because the icon doesn't have that little bent arrow like the rest of them do. Check the box on the other end of the line, scroll down and select "Delete Subscription" and click Go - done. Takes all of about 15 seconds.