PDA

View Full Version : The Default FX Cessna 172

doublecool
July 16th, 2009, 13:53
After many hours of flying and touch and goes I finally landed parked and then noticed the front wheel in the tarmac a little to far which also meant that she sits a little funny too

was there ever a fix for this :kilroy: I have to say the with some of the fine repaints out there from folks here at the outhouse I really have been enjoying her :applause:

BananaBob
July 16th, 2009, 15:00
After many hours of flying and touch and goes I finally landed parked and then noticed the front wheel in the tarmac a little to far which also meant that she sits a little funny too

was there ever a fix for this :kilroy: I have to say the with some of the fine repaints out there from folks here at the outhouse I really have been enjoying her :applause:

I'm pretty sure they mirrored just about all their textures, the same problem I find with a lot of Carenado planes, except for the 182 series and few others, makes it difficult to do good paints with it.

doublecool
July 16th, 2009, 15:32
Sorry for being confusing , this is what I mean...see the front wheel:wavey:

Pictures are worth a thousand words

One of my favorite paints by "Henry"

BananaBob
July 16th, 2009, 15:43
Sorry for being confusing , this is what I mean...see the front wheel:wavey:

Pictures are worth a thousand words

One of my favorite paints by "Henry"

Contact point issue, know nothing about it but someone can fix it here. Looks like Henry did some great paints for it too, gonna have to check them out. :ernae:

doublecool
July 16th, 2009, 15:47
Thanks Bob for the reply

I tell ya Henry really gave this little bird new life for me with his paints

Thank you Henry :wavey:

cheezyflier
July 16th, 2009, 19:40
i know that some folks aren't too keen on them but i like many of the default planes. my only trouble is, for me, the glass is invisible in them.

doublecool
July 17th, 2009, 13:17
OK how about which line adjusts the front wheel height and I'll mess with it a bit

checked for a possible thread and know it was discussed here before but if you search for "wheel" or "adjust" in the threads you get every thread ever posted just in a different order :isadizzy:

Tim_Horton
July 17th, 2009, 14:02
i know that some folks aren't too keen on them but i like many of the default planes. my only trouble is, for me, the glass is invisible in them.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=articles&page=cp

how to adjust contact points.

if your glass is invisible, as this happened with me and complete invisible planes, the only fix is a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX, as something has become corrupted. I searched long and hard as I am a fellow who will do my research before I ask a question on how do to something, and that is the only conclusion that fixed the problem completely.

doublecool
July 17th, 2009, 17:19
Why Thank you Tim :wavey:

If anyone is interested

New front wheel config so it sits on the tarmac not in it

[contact_points]
point.0 = 1, .90, 0.00, -4.24