PDA

View Full Version : Can't get it to look good

aeromed202
July 16th, 2009, 13:10
Ok I broke down and got FSX a while back and tried it out. Once loaded it looked like crap. Grainy textures, p*ss poor fps, etc. What was all the hype about? Even after trying some of the tweaks out there with low file size clouds and all.
So I un-installed it, it noticably slowed other things down, got a long time wanted upgrade of a better graphics card, got through problems associated with that, and now like the look of a much improved FS9!
I think I am now ready to try FSX again but will use it as a table leveler if it looks no better. To all those folks who post FSX pics of nice crisp textures and still get a smoothness better than a 10 cent crank up picture show, what are some things I need to get there? Is my machine just too weak (specs below)? Is it a matter of fiddling? I don't want the installation to alter the graphic settings I laboriously achieved that make FS9 look so good. There are certainly some nice things only in FSX so I will try to make this work one more time.
There, I'm done.

harleyman
July 16th, 2009, 13:40
Hi..

I think its your CPU that is slowing you down ...

Your graphics card is not a slouch for FSX..not the greatest, but then FSX is not so concerned about the greatest .

You could use more ram..BUT

Its an off the shelf E-machine with an all in wonder motherboard..So that means it will probably never perform the way a specked computer will run...

FSX in my opinion does not need money, it needs a proper configuration of its major parts...
MoBo Ram CPU Vid Card..