PDA

View Full Version : OT, RIAT Fairford

ian elliot
July 16th, 2009, 09:09
Just a good luck to any forum members going this year, im off on Sunday, weather dos'nt look brilliant but after last year, it should still be a good show.
cheers ian
http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow

SteveB
July 16th, 2009, 09:51
Just a good luck to any forum members going this year, im off on Sunday, weather dos'nt look brilliant but after last year, it should still be a good show.
cheers ian
http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow

Me an Smoothie will be working there on public info, I've reeproofed the tent after last years swamp meet.

Steve

Matt Wynn
July 16th, 2009, 10:28
you rang? :jump: think on the plus side if it rains we'll see propwash, vortices and the 'ghosting' of the wings as they disappear under the condensed water vapour :icon_lol:

ian elliot
July 16th, 2009, 12:35
To be honest, the weather dos'nt bother me, its heat i cant take these days, some Faifords have felt like being in the middle of a frying pan, spent half an hour lay'd out in a first aid tent about 6 years ago( i know im a wimp :icon_lol:) and like Smoothie says, this weather give's over some great photo ops.
have fun guys, cheers ian

Firebar
July 16th, 2009, 13:20
Wish I could go, havent been in a good long while :(. Weather for this weekend don't look to good though. Although I could do with avoiding sailing related sunburn two weekends in a row (I still don't understand how I got sun burnt last weekend).

Did manage to get into Farnborough on an exhibitors pass a couple of years ago. (Although I still prefer going into AeroExpo on an exhibitors pass with the guy whose pass it was next to me on his other one, lol)

Richard Westcott
July 17th, 2009, 00:37
Hope the weather is better than forecast, I have not been to IAT for around 10 years now, too much like hard work!

Have a good weekend

UKVoodoo
July 17th, 2009, 02:15
Despite the downpours n flooded areas last year I did enjoy the practice displays put on in the horrible weather, made for lots of atmospheric pics :applause: enjoy all that goes this year :ernae:
Matt

planejunky
July 17th, 2009, 16:03
I won't be heading over there, it's way too expensive now and will never be what it once was. :(

Flying Legends was a cracker though last week! :jump:

RAS_JF
July 23rd, 2009, 02:58
Did anyone come down to the Just Flight stand at the weekend?

ian elliot
July 27th, 2009, 09:54
Did anyone come down to the Just Flight stand at the weekend?

I had a look, very proffesional set up, really liked the FSX displays on the big screens but im still a FS9 man, must have been a bit crowded, esp when it rain'd, hope it was worth your while. i did'nt buy anything myself im afriad :mixedsmi:
cheers ian

PS, i have a few pics and thought's on the show, it really was very good, but i'll wait a week or so untill the server issues are sorted,