PDA

View Full Version : Best Joy

tobob
July 16th, 2009, 06:34
There are so many choices of joysticks I figured I would ask here, considering the amount of fanatics on this site.

What's the best joystick for cfs2 and other fsims?

What's the best one under $50?

Where's a good site to purchase?

What about used from ebay? Is it worth it to get a model that's used, for cheap?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd317/Tobob1/ebaystick.jpg

I want something that feels good and works well without a lot of tweaking.

olaf1924
July 16th, 2009, 07:30
I picked up two msff2 sticks off of ebay and they work great. The cost was 50.00 $ each also watch out for the shipping costs as the microsoft sticks are heavy compared to other sticks.

mariereid
July 16th, 2009, 08:20
Tobob: I got pro saitek pedals, throttle quad and cyborg evo force stick. About 400 CDN, all at local pc store. The stick could cover all the duties, but I like fiddlin' around with hand and feet. It also gives you more places to put key board commands. I can control most of the important stuff with mouse and stick, etc. If you had pedals and quad, you would not need a fancy stick. In the US, I imagine you could get all this for about 200, that's what I told my wife it cost me.

tobob
July 17th, 2009, 06:23
Tobob: I got pro saitek pedals, throttle quad and cyborg evo force stick. About 400 CDN, all at local pc store. The stick could cover all the duties, but I like fiddlin' around with hand and feet. It also gives you more places to put key board commands. I can control most of the important stuff with mouse and stick, etc. If you had pedals and quad, you would not need a fancy stick. In the US, I imagine you could get all this for about 200, that's what I told my wife it cost me.

That sounds great but a little too $$ for me. How about the EVO stick, does it work up to your standards? Saitek seems to have quite a few choices.

R C CAWTE
July 17th, 2009, 07:11
Logitech extreme pro.Around £20 uk.Should fit into your price range and work great.