PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never...the AS F-86F

ColoKent
October 19th, 2008, 19:09
I have been a big buyer/user of Alphasim aircraft over the years, but somehow, I didn't buy their F-86F until this weekend...

WOW! I love it. And I can't wait to see what Section f8's F-86 will look like (I intended to beta test for them, but just didn't have the time to make a meaningful contribution).

Here's a request to the f8 team-- please do MDLs with the following configs:

- Clean
- Combat tanks
- Ferry tank
- Combat tanks with AIM-9s...

Also, I'd LOVE to see an updated and/or new T-33 for FSX. I love Piglet's version of this machine, but I'd love to see an update..like the Sabre, that airplane begs to be repainted in an endless variety of colors... If anyone is building one, please do an alternate MDL that includes the travel pod-- gotta have some where to stow luggage on those long cross country flights!

Let's hear it for classic jets!

Kent :wiggle:

deathfromafar
October 19th, 2008, 20:31
This model is nice and the FSX model clearly is better than the FS9 version. I am grateful Panther pushed so hard to get the nose smoothed out which was unbecoming of this model. Some of the AS staff griped about caving in to the calls of a "single complaint" but no matter, it was worth it. MD's rework of the nose did the trick as I see it and the other fixes done by shane and staff certainly made their F-86 what it should be. I think it is probably my favorite FSX model at the moment as I have few good FSX native models so far. Not only does it look good but it flies the great in FSX seemingly a bit better than FS9.

ColoKent
October 19th, 2008, 20:32
...the AS F-86 rocks in FSX!

Kent

Panther_99FS
October 19th, 2008, 23:21
I deleted all my clean configurations since I can push a button to release the drop tanks :mixedsmi:

Bone
October 20th, 2008, 01:59
And the F-86 is one of just a few A.S. planes that you can see the exterior from inside the cockpit, including the tail.

ColoKent
October 20th, 2008, 02:34
...We've got the AS F-86, the new soon-to-be released Section F8 slatted Sabre at http://www.sectionf8.com/index.html, and an awesome looking DH Vampire that is nearing completion at http://www.suprunovdesign.ru

...Now we need an updated T-33A!

deimos256
October 20th, 2008, 04:10
soon-to-be released for FS9, FSX to "follow" so if your hoping for it for FSX I think you should get more acquainted with the AS model

Panther_99FS
October 20th, 2008, 04:34
. the new soon-to-be released Section F8 slatted Sabre at http://www.sectionf8.com/index.html,

The Section8 F86 release will be FS2004 only.

Expect at least 6 months rock bottom minimum before an FSX version is released

RCAF_Gunner
October 20th, 2008, 21:24
... I am grateful Panther pushed so hard to get the nose smoothed out which was unbecoming of this model ...

I was greatful for Panther speaking up about the nose smoothing too... and, of course, for AS making the change; it made a huge difference.

Panther_99FS
October 21st, 2008, 04:56
'Glad to hear that the pummeling I took was worthwhile for the customer :mixedsmi:

S
October 21st, 2008, 11:46
'Glad to hear that the pummeling I took was worthwhile for the customer :mixedsmi:
Oh come on, we all know you thought of that as the best part! :icon_lol:

I remember that thread and it was good to see it work out. Now if they could only fix that silly bump on the Hunter nose. That was brought up too but never fixed so far I think.