PDA

View Full Version : I need a good pilot

hey_moe
July 16th, 2009, 02:41
I downloaded this one last night and noticed the first time I tried to load it ....it froze FSX, the second time all went well but was slow to load. After flying her for a while I went to reboot and I was unable to load the OS. I went into safe mode and removed all traces of it and all is well again. Anybody have this problem. BTW this was in XP/and Vista.

hey_moe
July 16th, 2009, 02:43
The cock[it is so so but ok for a small file.

harleyman
July 16th, 2009, 03:01
I don't have that plane..But something I installed lately caused my loading time go from like 1 minute to over 5 minutes...My performance went down too!

I removed all recent add ons, cleaned all traces I could find..But the problem continued...I;m reinstalling everything .....:kilroy::isadizzy:

Roger
July 16th, 2009, 03:43
One rule with port-overs I always obey is to only ever put gauges in the aircraft's panel folder and NOT in the main gauges folder. Also I rarely use their Fs9 effects files, sound files or flights.

...But I'm assuming it's a port-over; is it FsX native?

Reddog
July 16th, 2009, 05:39
IT says for FSX but think it's a FS9 a/c, anyway don't have any problems with in FSXw/SP1 except for the glass not showing.

hey_moe
July 16th, 2009, 14:33
Well I can see from what was wrote in the thread, nobody else installed it..I get to be the sucker..lol

harleyman
July 16th, 2009, 15:14
Well I can see from what was wrote in the thread, nobody else installed it..I get to be the sucker..lol

LOL..... I wouldn't mind having it...I like the look of it.....Perhaps i'll try it out some day too!

Cactuskid
July 16th, 2009, 16:04
I saw this on flightsim, but after viewing the files decided not to D/L it.

I'm holding out until someone does a Lake LA-4 Renegade for FSX! :jump:

Wombat_VC
July 17th, 2009, 00:46
I installed it. Seems to run fine. Don't think it's FSX native as there's only one MDL. Works fine with my FSX Accel. It doesn't have it's own gauges either, all using FSX defaults.

Flies OK until it goes beyond Vmo, that's when all control surfaces seemed to be totally frozen. Much easier to fly than the Seabird Seeker found at OZx, which has the same rear-top-push config. Gauge placement can be improved, but not easy to use the defaults as the panel is more automotive than aircraft (which is the case for the real plane). Not great but not bad for the very first Icon A5 created for FS.

Now that I have the Panel Studio, I may try to play around with the gauges.

Lionheart
July 17th, 2009, 10:39
Sorry to hear you guys had problems with it. I think I will steer clear also.

I wonder what it was that did it...

Bill

peter12213
July 17th, 2009, 17:02
boring aircraft thats all mate poor quality for many of us!!