PDA

View Full Version : New Tacoma NArrows

SlamBam
July 14th, 2009, 15:26
An interesting effort here.....a rather odd installation but it seems as though they are doing updates to it so I think if they could get some good feedback this could end up being a very ncie scenery....

http://www.flyscenery.org/Site/Main.html

Wild Bill Kelso
July 15th, 2009, 07:24
Thanks for the HU, mate!

Besides the annoying (and rather redundant) installer routine, it's a promising project! :applause:

I very much appreciate those subtle coloured textures and slightly wheathered appearance. The custom runway and apron textures and the 'elevated' grass areas look nice as well.

Not too many details up to now, but a nice frame-hog already...

Makes hungry for more!

Go and try.

Cheers,
Markus.

Motormouse
July 15th, 2009, 13:08
y'know I'm still using Bob Bernstein's Fs02 rendition,its' about time for an update

ttfn

Pete

dogknot
July 15th, 2009, 16:27
y'know I'm still using Bob Bernstein's Fs02 rendition,its' about time for an update

ttfn

Pete

Bump up to FS9, :icon_lol::icon_lol: , with Brian Voigt's Tacoma Narrows Airport. Available at flightsim. It is very nicely done.

Robert Diaz also did a very nice "New Tacoma Narrows Bridge", which adds the eastbound second bridge at the narrows crossing. Unfortunately, I think he only uploaded it to avsim.

==========================
Flightsim
==========================
ktiw.zip
FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery
FS2004 Scenery--Tacoma Narrows Airport
Name: ktiw.zip Size: 2,062,069 Date: 02-07-2005 Downloads: 2,820
FS2004 Scenery--Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW), located in Washington State (WA). AFCAD2 file included. By Brian Voigt. (See also KTIW_FIX.ZIP)
===========================
ktiw_fix.zip
FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery
FS2004 Scenery Fix--Tacoma Narrows Airport
Name: ktiw_fix.zip Size: 308,836 Date: 02-09-2005 Downloads: 2,292
FS2004 Scenery Fix--Tacoma Narrows Airport (KTIW), located in Washington State (WA), for use with KTIW.ZIP. Fixes missing textures. By Brian Voigt

============================
AVSIM
============================
newtnb.zip
New Tacoma Narrows Bridge by Robert A. Diaz
Construction of the new eastbound Tacoma Narrows span began in October 2002 and was finally finished in July 2007 to ease congestion to and from the Olympic Peninsula.

adhockey
July 16th, 2009, 19:27
...Besides the annoying (and rather redundant) installer routine...

Not surprising if you've surfed the site. I think the installation programmer is also the web designer. :isadizzy:

However, I don't think I can pass up that KAVX scenery!

OleBoy
November 29th, 2009, 19:56
Hey guys. I just found this topic as I was digging through stuff in the back room (archives). I'm trying to enhance Washington state as much as possible. I went to flyscenery.org to check out their rendition of the Tacoma Narrows Airport. Had to register. Passed on registering for now and got (what I think) the same thing from Flightsim dot com. Is it?

Anyway, there's a LOT of stuff I know nothing about really. AFCADS for parking...etc. I guess I need to read up a bit

Thanks for the info gents.

OleBoy
November 29th, 2009, 20:28
Well, I registered at Flyscenerydotorg and downloaded the Tacoma scenery. Instead of just letting the installer fly, I installed to a folder on the desktop. There was an update manager.exe inside. I ran it, it connected. Told me that there was an update to v1.5. I'll run the update in another folder just to be safe, and to see what's new.

EDIT v1.5

***Note: Overite any files***

This is a small update for the night textures. It reduces the light of the airport to increase realism.

OleBoy
November 29th, 2009, 21:11
Conclusion..

I started out at the Tacoma Narrows airport. My machine immediately locked. Was expecting it after reading above comments. But man!!

After my VC regained from the slight coma state, the airport looked pretty good. Very detailed and pleasing to the eye for realism.

I took off into the sky and swept around for a low fly-by. WHAM!! My machine had another seizure. Boy, talk about hard hitting. That airport caused troubles even a long ways away.

Great little airport. I just hope they'll update sometime soon :applause:

I wonder if changing the size of the textures would help any. Has anyone tried that?