PDA

View Full Version : Only when I do it!!

falcon409
July 14th, 2009, 11:57
Well well. I took the plunge and installed Windows 7. . .ran a full backup prior to that using the current backup software that I had from ArcSoft and you'll never guess what I discovered. . . .that software is not compatable with Win7, lol. So now I have this complete backup (which many here know I've never done before and then paid dearly when my harddrive crashed) and no way to recover it, lol. . . .man, ya gotta love the sense of humor that fate can employ sometimes. . .geeeze!!:isadizzy:

Henry
July 14th, 2009, 12:02
Well well. I took the plunge and installed Windows 7. . .ran a full backup prior to that using the current backup software that I had from ArcSoft and you'll never guess what I discovered. . . .that software is not compatable with Win7, lol. So now I have this complete backup (which many here know I've never done before and then paid dearly when my harddrive crashed) and no way to recover it, lol. . . .man, ya gotta love the sense of humor that fate can employ sometimes. . .geeeze!!:isadizzy:
Ouch that hurts:bump:
H

Kavehpd
July 14th, 2009, 12:15
ArcSoft is a real pain. Tried their Panorama Maker a while ago. Didn't like it (random lockups, ctd, etc.). Uninstall process was the most painful one I've had since migrating to Vista.

Had to manually clean the registry and its undeleted useless folders afterwards.

Didn't know they do backup softwares too. Would not recommend the brand at all.

harleyman
July 14th, 2009, 12:21
Oh Nooooo

That bites Falcon...Sorry to hear that for you..
:blind:
Life is just full of unknows...Want to toss the real unknown into the mix, Bring in a computer...

Kavehpd
July 14th, 2009, 12:41
...Want to toss the real unknown into the mix, Bring in a computer...

Language is NSFW!

2wHEqDepAXo

JAMIE
July 14th, 2009, 13:36
been there

Naismith
July 14th, 2009, 14:32
Very good - is that Eddie Izzard?

Tako_Kichi
July 14th, 2009, 15:05
Very good - is that Eddie Izzard?
It certainly is. :icon_lol: