PDA

View Full Version : OT: Red Baron 3d to work

Reddog
July 14th, 2009, 05:14
I would really like to get RB3D working again and asking for some help on doing it. I have the game plus the The Promised Land Full Canvas Jacket super patch on a CD I bought. Also from the Wings of Honor site down loaded 3 GlideWrappers that I'm told I need. Is there anything else that i'm missing?

Thanks

lucas81
July 14th, 2009, 06:02
Reddog, please visit www.wings-of-valor.net This is the old RB3D related website with nice addons. For the modern systems, I would recommend you to get something called "RB3D First Aid Kit" which helps RB3D to run OK on the newest systems. It installs XP fix to run the game with sound if you have USB stick, soft called Turbo to slow down your PC while playing the RB3D and finally glide wrapper.

After that, you can install the FCJ, or even you can have multiple RB3D installs with different mods. I used to have such configuration with:

- Stock RB3D for multiplayer games
- RB3D + Western Front Patch + Campaign Manager
- RB3D + Hells Angels patch

good luck,

Lucas

Reddog
July 14th, 2009, 12:58
Reddog, please visit www.wings-of-valor.net (http://www.wings-of-valor.net) This is the old RB3D related website with nice addons. For the modern systems, I would recommend you to get something called "RB3D First Aid Kit" which helps RB3D to run OK on the newest systems. It installs XP fix to run the game with sound if you have USB stick, soft called Turbo to slow down your PC while playing the RB3D and finally glide wrapper.

After that, you can install the FCJ, or even you can have multiple RB3D installs with different mods. I used to have such configuration with:

- Stock RB3D for multiplayer games
- RB3D + Western Front Patch + Campaign Manager
- RB3D + Hells Angels patch

good luck,

Lucas
Thanks went there and got that but still no go so probably not going to fool with it but again thanks.