PDA

View Full Version : Sim-Outhouse failures of late

tigisfat
July 13th, 2009, 22:25
Has anyone else had problems with this website going down for a half-hour at a time? This is my third try posting this thread. I get the message form google that the website is unavailable. This last time, it said that there was a SO database error and let me back up. Other times I can't even hit back and go to another part of the site.

Old Tiger
July 14th, 2009, 04:19
Has anyone else had problems with this website going down for a half-hour at a time? This is my third try posting this thread. I get the message form google that the website is unavailable. This last time, it said that there was a SO database error and let me back up. Other times I can't even hit back and go to another part of the site.

:wavey:I'm haven the same problem

Working Now

Ickie
July 14th, 2009, 04:20
yes I know, at 1:30 am eastern we have been attacked nightly for the past 2 weeks, and the server reboots defending itself.
I have been working on this, but you cannot stop a drive by shooting. Just defend yourself against it.
This morning was the first time in over a year that I slept in, well as you may have noticed the data base error.
well I just love working on complex things before my eyes are clearly opened.

noddy
July 14th, 2009, 04:53
Many thanks for all your efforts, I just don't understand why people do it.

Snuffy
July 14th, 2009, 04:58
Thanks Ickie ... :ernae:

:isadizzy: to idiot hackers

mariereid
July 14th, 2009, 05:24
Thanks once again Ickie, I'd hate to see what would happen without you being there for us. Why can't they find someone else to hack, or see how they feel when somebody hacks them.

Allen
July 14th, 2009, 07:00
Thanks Ickie ... :ernae:

:isadizzy: to idiot hackers:ernae:

JoeW
July 14th, 2009, 07:51
So thats what it was. I never had an error quiet like that.
Thanks...

mike_cyul
July 14th, 2009, 08:25
Such a waste of everybody's time, and all for nothing except to put people needlessly to work repairing it. Idiots.

Thanks, Ickie.:applause:

Mike

tigisfat
July 14th, 2009, 08:28
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/1228133646732.jpg

hey_moe
July 14th, 2009, 08:47
Ickie....thanks again for your hard work.....I had hoped we would have had enough money to replace monitor, but things have slowed down a bit....lol..Mike

TomSteber
July 14th, 2009, 09:12
Thanks Ickie! Always scary when the old Out House doesn't do what it's supposed to. This really is a very valuable site.

tigisfat
July 14th, 2009, 09:52
I don't understand why this and other sites have been bombarded more than lately. There's got to be another explanation if it is so bad lately. It's not like hackers and viruses are anything new.

Did anyone working or volunteering here piss of someone with immense skill?

djscoo
July 14th, 2009, 09:57
I don't understand why this and other sites have been bombarded more than lately. There's got to be another explanation if it is so bad lately. It's not like hackers and viruses are anything new.

Did anyone working or volunteering here piss of someone with immense skill?
It's summer, and schools are out.

tigisfat
July 14th, 2009, 10:33
This didn't happen last summer.

Kiwikat
July 14th, 2009, 11:44
I think hacking will continue to be on the rise as more people learn more about computers and coding. It's a real shame...

Heck the government computer systems get hacked, how can we stop them here on SOH.

harleyman
July 14th, 2009, 11:58
Thanks for all you do Ickie....I was up at 4 and noticed there were problems....

Perhaps you need my cats for a while..They walk all over your gut when THEY want you up...LOL

Ickie
July 14th, 2009, 13:32
I am still working on this, but I have to wait till tonight at 1:30 am to see if what had been done works, so far nothing has worked, but I do have in place a shut down script so when it happens the server shuts down and stops the attack.
The data base error was an easy fix, lol.
I do believe the attacks are aimed at me personally. Maybe if I quit/die they will quit attacking the server.:isadizzy:
These attacks are dos attacks and are effective.

Allen
July 14th, 2009, 16:07
I am still working on this, but I have to wait till tonight at 1:30 am to see if what had been done works, so far nothing has worked, but I do have in place a shut down script so when it happens the server shuts down and stops the attack.
The data base error was an easy fix, lol.
I do believe the attacks are aimed at me personally. Maybe if I quit/die they will quit attacking the server.:isadizzy:
These attacks are dos attacks and are effective.

What did we do to get attacked? I don't know if any of us has done any thing to be attacked like this. Who ever is behind this needs to just stop.