PDA

View Full Version : U.f.o?????

calypsos
July 13th, 2009, 08:58
I have just been inspecting my fantastic UK2000 Vol2 airfields (together with Horizon VFR vol 2 and a new HD to keep it all on) for the center of the UK. High above East Anglia, my F-89 intercepted this strange device!

I am guessing it is part of the new scenery as an easter egg.....but who knows!

tigisfat
July 13th, 2009, 09:01
That's a default object, the scenery designer could've placed it just for fun. That is cool though.:mixedsmi:

Nick C
July 13th, 2009, 09:05
I didn't realise they'd released the second package, off to see if I can find a UFO too. Nice find.

Lionheart
July 13th, 2009, 09:26
Very cool!

Thanks for the heads up.

Cool looking UFO.

Tweek
July 13th, 2009, 09:29
I also saw something like this while flying around near Cottesmore. Hadn't got a clue what it was. Seemed to disappear when I went to try and get a closer look - either that or my eyesight has started to deteriorate!

SolarEagle
July 13th, 2009, 20:50
The eagles found in FSX often look like UFO's in the distance(small dot), and seem to vanish when you try to get near being that the texture used for the eagle increases in size the further away you are in order to make it visible. When you try to get closer it starts to shrink down to proper scale, making it very hard to see when moving in on it. It's also a 2D texture for the wing and body, so depending on the viewing angle it won't be visible, even when right next to it.

centuryseries
July 14th, 2009, 10:43
I nearly flew my SR-71 into a hot air balloon near Cambridge too - and as for the birds around Mildenhall - those bird scaring folks need to get some shotguns lol