PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using Air Hauler?

Zommoz
July 13th, 2009, 08:27
Howdy! I am considering purchasing Air Hauler, the air frieght comapny management software and am wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about it. I've used FSE, but my internet connection is not exactly reliable and I have lost some good jobs due to my machine disconnecting from the server during the flight. Would like to find an off-line alternative. I also know about Cargo Pilot, but know nothing about Air Hauler... any thoughts?

Thanks

IanP
July 13th, 2009, 10:17
It looks good, but also seems to require an internet connection.

I'm using FS Passengers when I fly a suitable aircraft for fun and that suits me fine.

hobofat
July 13th, 2009, 10:22
It looks good, but also seems to require an internet connection.

I'm using FS Passengers when I fly a suitable aircraft for fun and that suits me fine.

The internet connection is merely used for installation (typical Just Flight wrapper), and if you have real world fuel prices, stock price updates selected, or wish to upload your company statistics to the server. Otherwise the product functions fully and completely offline, without ever needing an internet connection.

Zommoz
July 14th, 2009, 13:10
Thanks for the input folks... I think I just might go ahead and order it.

Desert Rat
September 7th, 2009, 10:18
Get it cheap just now,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Hauler-Add-Flight-Simulator/dp/B001T9OJUS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1252346812&sr=1-18

has anyone got it? And what's it like?

Jamie

RAS_JF
September 10th, 2009, 00:44
The internet connection is merely used for installation (typical Just Flight wrapper)Just to clarify. You only need the internet to install the download version, which should be self-evident I guess. The boxed version doesn't need the internet to install.
The game itself is enhanced by the internet which live prices/stocks, traffic radar (showing you where about's other real world Air Hauler users are flying) and sharing your stats on the leaderboard. However, it can be used offline just as well.

Paul K
September 10th, 2009, 01:27
I am told there will be a demo available soon, so you might want to wait and try that out.

RAS_JF
September 10th, 2009, 05:04
The demo should be available next week.

Zommoz
September 10th, 2009, 06:41
I did purchase AH and fell in love with it! A great product with EXCELLENT support. It adds a whole new dimension to my virtual flying as it's like a whole new game that happens to use FS. I wholeheartedly recommend trying it out... I'm definitely hooked.

Dave

RAS_JF
September 10th, 2009, 07:35
I know that people will say I'm biased but I genuinely believe that Air Hauler is an absolute gem of a program. I know of plenty of people that would say that it's pretty much the killer app (well, add-on) for FS.
I'll post back here when the demo is ready and I'd urge you to give it a try.

IanP
September 10th, 2009, 08:01
Biased? Naah. (Now find someone here who really isn't biased in favour of at least something... ;))

Seriously though, I'll certainly take a look at a demo when I can. Please do let us know!

daytonite_andy
September 12th, 2009, 03:02
Just received my copy in the post today. Initial thoughts after running the program for the first time is that it looks very well put together. I'll have a few flights and post some screenshots.

Off to fly around Alaska with some potatoes on board my Cessna 172. I'll be gone for a while......just hope those potaoes are bagged and not loose.... :icon_lol:

Desert Rat
September 12th, 2009, 08:18
Got mine today too. Not going to try it tonight, got to spend time trying to get Dirt running better than 800x600, at the moment Colin McCrae 2 is looking much better!! Surely it should be better than that on a Quad core, 2GB RAM and 512mb ATI graphic whojamaflip!! I bl**dy hope so anyway, otherwise I'm putting 2 back on.

Jamie

IanP
September 12th, 2009, 08:43
I had problems getting DiRT (the first one) to run at higher than 800x600 for a long time after re-installing it. I resolved it by going in using the game's safe mode and resetting the resolutions back to what I wanted them to be, after which they stuck.

Unfortunately GRID still won't run at higher than 800x600 on my XP32 installation. It's fine on the Vista64 boot of the same PC!

Anyway, that's off topic, so I'll go back to waiting for the Air Hauler demo and kicking SBuilderX... ;)

daytonite_andy
October 3rd, 2009, 11:42
Well I'm having fun, flying from my base in Sitka (PASI) to local bases around the gorgeous Tongass X area.

I've chosen the hardest settings so I can only fly the default Cessna 172. It doesn't carry much cargo so a LOT of trips are needed before I can get a decent reputation and money to buy or lease a bigger plane. No problems with the program at all, it seems very stable. You can choose the distance of the cargo runs so you can pretty much work out how much time you can put aside for each flight.

One point to note though...don't get greedy. I booked four jobs in advance and found there was a time limit for delivery!!! Flying in pitch black skies with tall mountains and my Reality XP Garmin 530 giving me terrain advisories AND trying to get an overloaded 172 to climb more than 500fpm will make anyone sweat....

I'm loving it though...I even fired up FSPassengers X to haul cargo and humans at the same time. :icon_lol:

BTW...the demo is up at Just Flight website so don't just take my word for it http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=392#demos