PDA

View Full Version : Janet Airlines Ai

Tranquil
July 12th, 2009, 23:26
Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent Janet Airlines Ai for FSX that can fly to and from the various bases, preferably would like it to follow the official timetable if possible...

cheers

full
July 13th, 2009, 04:34
Hi Tranquil, Ive used the flightplans for Janet Airlines file from Flightsim.com on my upcoming Groom Lake Scenery but its for Fs9, but im sure it wouldn't be difficult to use them in FSX. I think the file is called Janet.zip if you have problems finding it i'll send you a link.

Craig

p.s download AI Flight Planner, that should get you started and use the files within the zip to create you Janet Airlines Flight Plans, Its FSX compatible aswell !

tigisfat
July 13th, 2009, 08:34
The "official timelines" are highly subject to being fiction, don't ya think?

Tranquil
July 13th, 2009, 11:33
Thanks Craig, was kinda hoping one had already been made up, ai is not really my field, of course i am willing to learn but not got too much spare time at the present....

The "official timelines" are highly subject to being fiction, don't ya think?

Well unless you know different, i have seen quite a few sites that CLAIM they are official.....

Lionheart
July 13th, 2009, 12:48
You should be able to run FS9 AI files in FSX by creating a 'fictional scenery folder' in your FSX Addon Scenery. (Study how they are put together with BGL's going in a scenery folder in the fictional Janes AI folder in the main Addon Scenery folder).

If you were to put the FS9 AI BGL in the Scenery/World/scenery folder, it will cause the FSX main AI file to stop working. If you do that by mistake, just drag it out and put it in the above location.

Bill

Cactuskid
July 13th, 2009, 14:24
It's easy to convert FS9 traffic bgl's to FSX using one of the many converter programs available. I use Peter van der Veen's program which is probably available at flightsim.com. Just make sure you delete the FS9 bgl's after you convert them... I have two traffic files in my add-on scenery; one civilian (mostly WoAI) and one military (MAIW). The only traffic bgl's I have in scenery/world/scenery are default... All my AI aircraft are in their own separate file in SimObjects. You must have a path set up in your fsx.cfg so it knows where the aircraft are, kinda like this:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI_Aircraft

Richie :wiggle:

Tranquil
July 14th, 2009, 13:31
well i can but only try, lol i may be sometime, thanks