PDA

View Full Version : Milton Shupe Goes FSX Acceleration?

Milton Shupe
July 11th, 2009, 18:43
You Bet! And all I can say is WOW! :jump:

Txnetcop put a system together for me that is simply awesome! Smooooooth baby, smoooooth! :applause:

Right now, I am just overwhelmed by the power and the beauty of this system and the way FSX runs and looks. Funny that my wife and I just watched the LG 22" in awe as the scenery flowed by. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Here are the specs:

Antec 900 case
Gigabyte Ep45-UD3P motherboard
Intel E8400 CPU
BFG GTX 285 OC 1GB DDR3 VRAM, 512bit interface
2 Western Digital Cavier Black Edition 500GB Hard Drives 32mb cache
Artic Freezer 7 Pro CPU Heatsink and Fan
PC Power and Cooling Silent 750 60amp at 12V SLI or CROSSFIRE ready
Phillips HI Output SATA DVD-RW
New Windows XP PRO with package and certification
FSX Gold included Acceleration
LG Electronics 22"1680x1050 monitor w/DVI cord 2ms model FLATRON L227WTG

I will post a few pics later.

Were it not for him, I probably would have never experienced a system like this. Thanks txnetcop. :ernae: :jump:

harleyman
July 11th, 2009, 18:56
Yea buddy...Thats a good one Milton.... :applause:

Enjoy...

N2056
July 11th, 2009, 18:59
Very Cool! :applause:
You really did well working with Ted. While your system is a bit different than the one I made in the end it is what you see that counts! Ted is the master when it comes to hardware & FSX! :icon29:

Welcome to the 'New World"! :jump:

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2009, 19:00
Cool, does that mean native FSX models from Milton? :ernae:

Flyboy208
July 11th, 2009, 19:09
Milton, I just installed FSX today for the 1st time - I know what you mean! Mike :applause:

PutPut
July 11th, 2009, 19:09

I hope it does!!!!

Paul

lifejogger
July 11th, 2009, 19:11
We can only hope.

Congratulations on the new PC Milton , I am glad you like the FSX.

MCDesigns
July 11th, 2009, 19:24
Very, very cool Milton!!!! Congrats! :medals::medals:

spotlope
July 11th, 2009, 19:31
Welcome to the pack, Milton!

Tako_Kichi
July 11th, 2009, 19:45
Welcome to the dark side Milton. :wavey:

Quicksand
July 11th, 2009, 19:49
Welcome to the Dark Side, Milton:wavey:... I still have one leg over the fence, so-to-speak:kilroy:, but I am awed at the possibilities that FSX and Accelearation present over FS9:isadizzy:, although I still fly FS9 mainly because many aircraft are not modelled for FSX yet....with the emphasis on yet..:icon_lol:

CG_1976
July 11th, 2009, 19:55
Welcome to FSX Milton

mike_cyul
July 11th, 2009, 19:58
About time! :173go1:

Mike

crashaz
July 11th, 2009, 20:34
Alright!! Welcome to the Dark Side Milton... glad to see you jumped in with the rest of us!:applause:

Rezabrya
July 11th, 2009, 20:44
Welcome to the dark side... We have cookies :jump:

BananaBob
July 11th, 2009, 20:52
Sheesh, what took you so long Milton? LOL, Welcome sir! :applause::applause::applause:

Cag40Navy
July 11th, 2009, 21:15
Welcome to the FSX club! :running: :jump: :applause: :engel016: :kilroy: :mixedsmi: :icon29: :medals: :bump: :ernae:

beatle
July 11th, 2009, 21:24
Welcome to the dark side... We have cookies :jump:
Hey, I never got any cookies :->

Tim

Prowler1111
July 11th, 2009, 22:15
..there goes the neighborhood...welcome aboard Milton!
Prowler

Kavehpd
July 12th, 2009, 01:10
Smells like Dash 7 over here! :icon_lol:

hey_moe
July 12th, 2009, 01:42
Sounds like a sweet system...did ya have to tie the bad boy down to prevent it from flying away.

Roger
July 12th, 2009, 02:35
Good news Milton! :ernae:

Francois
July 12th, 2009, 02:50
................. Dash 7 FSX ???????????????? :ernae::ernae:

Good choice Milton ! ;-)

Ian Warren
July 12th, 2009, 02:55
OH BOY! are we all in for it now :running: ... my guess , we wont see you for a whiles , just so much to see :mixedsmi: .. over fences :kilroy: ... going round and round and round :isadizzy: and still more until :pop4: .. well that will do it for the night , see ya tomorrow , then off ya go again

Nick C
July 12th, 2009, 03:48
Is that a pig I just saw flying over? :d

Welcome to the 'in' crowd Milton.

jmig
July 12th, 2009, 04:55
LOL @ the other posts above.

I am sure you will receive many hours of enjoyment with your new system. I agree with the others. Ted does know computers and FSX.

Ian Warren
July 12th, 2009, 06:46
Is that a pig I just saw flying over? :d

Welcome to the 'in' crowd Milton.
:icon_lol:Excellent:icon_lol: Smithers free Ham to that man over there .... But Sir ..

Sir ..

that man is 'Milton Shupe'

Excellent ! ..

italoc
July 12th, 2009, 07:12
Hi Milton,
happy for your new installation and ...... like everybody over here at SOH .... I hope you will now give us some splendid native FSX a/c :applause:
Italo

JoeW
July 12th, 2009, 07:12
But wait! .. thats not all. We'll send a free one to each and everyone when you call. So call now.
:applause::applause::applause:

pointy31
July 12th, 2009, 08:13
But wait! .. thats not all. We'll send a free one to each and everyone when you call. So call now.
:applause::applause::applause:

Yeah, operators are standing by to take your call.....:jump:

Congratulations on the new rig Milton. You will love FSX, with all the "eye candy" it has to offer, and you will really love FS9 with the wide screen and all sliders maxed out. I vacillate between the two with no real preference.... :applause:

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 08:31
LOL Thanks Guys ...

Man, I forgot how much "stuff" I have to re-install, a project in itself that will take awhile.

Here's a crude shot of the "rig". Very nice ... I am loving it! :jump:

Roger
July 12th, 2009, 08:58
Hmmmm...I need to know about G-ABLS?????:d

Bjoern
July 12th, 2009, 09:59
Congratulations, Milton! :ernae:

Cactuskid
July 12th, 2009, 10:29
Nice rig Milton! Enjoy it! :ernae:

I hope you'll consider re-working some of your excellent aircraft for FSX, expecially that beautiful D-18S! :jump:

Roger
July 12th, 2009, 10:37

I hope you'll consider re-working some of your excellent aircraft for FSX, expecially that beautiful D-18S! :jump:

Don't forget we already have the Spartan and Howard courtesy of Mike Allen:engel016:

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 11:54
Hmmmm...I need to know about G-ABLS?????:d

Now "that one" is a beautiful aircraft. I am using it as an example to do tutorials for the design forum. I am working on the fuselage now using "other" techniques. Who knows, it may be my first FSX aircraft. :)

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 11:58

Someday maybe that will be possible. Right now I have 4 other aircraft in the works for Fs2004/2. :mixedsmi:

Once I get all the various gmax and supporting tools re-installed for earlier versions and get these done, I will look at gmax for FSX.
:isadizzy:

Roger
July 12th, 2009, 12:00
Now "that one" is a beautiful aircraft. I am using it as an example to do tutorials for the design forum. I am working on the fuselage now using "other" techniques. Who knows, it may be my first FSX aircraft. :)

:ernae:

Lionheart
July 12th, 2009, 12:07
Milton,

Congrats on the new Ted machine! Awesome to hear.

If I may suggest, get the Hawaii download from Mega Scenery for FSX. FSX has the ability to have extreme resolution on ground textures, and the FSX version 'is' high resolution. You will absolutely freak out. Its only the one Island of Oahu (I think thats the one with Honolulu), and I think its only $15.00 (for the download). It was recently on sale for $7.00, which is a steal.

That will show you the abilities of FSX by way of ground textures.

If you are more into desert lands, they have a Las Vegas Mega Scenery also that is the same price and is a HUGE amount of land area in it and many airports..

Bill

txnetcop
July 12th, 2009, 13:02
Hi Milton,
It was my sincerest pleasure to build that system for you. You mentioned that you don't do all that much flying any more because of airplane development. I hope you spend a lot more time flying and really enjoy yourself. You have given us so much. It was great to do something for you. Donna and I also enjoyed our brief meeting with you. Next time lunch is on us. See you at the CAF airshow in October.

A reminder to anyone wanting a system built. I don't like shipping computers unless there is a waiver not holding me responsible for the what shipping gorillas do to fragile packages. I do prefer to build for states of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisana(I deliver all or halfway you pay gas), and I promise to put as much care into your system as I did for Milton.
Ted

Timber
July 12th, 2009, 14:32
Way to go Mr. Schupe:applause::applause::applause:
You just have to head over here http://islandsim.com and pick up their Raw Grit and Raw Grit Exterme Scenery. The 500 would do nicely in Papua New Guinea.

Regards
Ken Alger

Donkey
July 12th, 2009, 16:44
Very nice looking setup for sure! Congrats and hope you enjoy many flying hours with this. I play on a far less fancy system and still enjoy it. Although I would of course LOVE to upgrade..... priorities, priorities. :)

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 17:49
Don't forget we already have the Spartan and Howard courtesy of Mike Allen:engel016:

Can anyone tell me where to download the Spartan and Howard for FSX?

pbearsailor
July 12th, 2009, 18:03

http://fsnorthwest.net/index.php?ind=downloads

cheers,
steve :wavey:

dadmod
July 12th, 2009, 18:48
Welcome to FSX, Milton!
Txnetcop built my machine too; it's a beaut.
Roy Marsh

Lionheart
July 12th, 2009, 18:50

lololol...

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 19:06
lololol...

Welllllllll, I wanna fly something I know! LOL And it will be a long time before I get there.

Milton Shupe
July 12th, 2009, 19:22
http://fsnorthwest.net/index.php?ind=downloads

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Thank you Sir ... If they allow me to become a member, I will happily download them. :jump:

Javis
July 12th, 2009, 21:05
Congrats with your new monster rig, Milton ! :ernae:
You won't regret having made your final approach to FSX ! G-ABLS looks the bees wax for your first native FSX model but we'd all welcome any or all of your FS9 masterpieces here as well if you got a minute... :d

Btw, i am struggling away on my first native FSX mdl as well...:mix-smi:

Have a lot of fun with your new toy, my friend !

Cheers,
Jan :wavey:

spotlope
July 12th, 2009, 22:22
Jan, just please tell me that your first FSX-native model rhymes with "cabre". :kilroy:

expat
July 12th, 2009, 23:30
Milton,

I too am a very late comer to FSX, which I did after getting a custom built rig. I have FS9 installed but quickly became an FSX convert.

Your Aero Commanders and Beech 18 work well in FSX by the way.

Welcome and hope you enjoy.

expat

Bjoern
July 13th, 2009, 04:35
Jan, just please tell me that your first FSX-native model rhymes with "cabre". :kilroy:

*Cough*
I think yes.
*Cough*

italoc
July 13th, 2009, 06:46

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Italo

Henry
July 13th, 2009, 06:51
Thank you Sir ... If they allow me to become a member, I will happily download them. :jump:
Funny thing you have to register to download
your own creations:173go1:
great news though:applause:
H

MCDesigns
July 13th, 2009, 07:29

LMAO, subtle Bill,, very subtle! :d

Marlin
July 13th, 2009, 19:23
Ted

For some reason, I’m not surprised that you did this for Milton. Sounds just like you, from the heart huh?

Well all I can say is thank you Ted and congrats Milton with your new toy!!!
LOL I love it.
Really; how cool is that?

Javis
July 13th, 2009, 20:45

Well, maybe after two bottles of Jack Daniels it would... :d

Confined to the Maam-Sim hangar at the moment,Bill.

and it doesn't rhyme
with friend of mine
not jerkey and not looney
all i can say we tossed the dime
and i ain't no George Clooney

:monkies:

cheers,
Jan

crashaz
July 14th, 2009, 18:31
ROFL!! All this rhyming has bad timing. :icon_lol:

Francois
July 15th, 2009, 01:30
LOL Thanks Guys ...

Man, I forgot how much "stuff" I have to re-install, a project in itself that will take awhile.

Here's a crude shot of the "rig". Very nice ... I am loving it! :jump:

Hey Milton, that's the same one I have !!!!!
I love the cool blue lights in the evening .... even if I don't work on it ! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: