PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of captions??

nicka117
October 19th, 2008, 12:10
Hi guys, newbie here. I'm trying to get rid of the captions for when I hit an aircraft and when my wingmen are talking. Also, I like to fly with the gun reticle only. I've gotten rid of the instruments on the hud but it still shows the listing of ammo, throttle %, health, etc. How do I get rid of those as well?

Thanks guys,
Nick

grizzly50
October 19th, 2008, 12:42
Hi guys, newbie here. I'm trying to get rid of the captions for when I hit an aircraft and when my wingmen are talking. Also, I like to fly with the gun reticle only. I've gotten rid of the instruments on the hud but it still shows the listing of ammo, throttle %, health, etc. How do I get rid of those as well?

Thanks guys,
Nick

:kilroy:Nicka117, "F5" controls the HUD. "Z" controls the red readouts in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. "Shift + D" toggles the words you are talking about. "Shift + T" toggles the little, round TAC Screen on and off. "Ctrl + Shift + I" toggles the targeting indicators, including the initial activation of the cone. "I" toggles the cone off and on after the Targeting Indicators are sctivated with Ctrl + Shift + I.

Also, for the record, "[" zooms in, and "]" zooms out.

"F4" toggles several different views: Virtual Cockpit View, Spot View, Chase View, and Player/Target View.

Pressing "F3" while in Virtual Cockpit View will toggle the view from inside the cockpit to a forward view outside of the cockpit.

When in Player/Target View, pressing "Ctrl + Shift + F4" will give you Target/Player View. This is the view from the target.

If you press "Shift + F9", you get the Flyby View.

One more thing, pressing "Scroll Lock" will make the Hat Switch function of your joystick a smooth pan-over instead of a snap view. Combined with Zoom in/out is very useful at times.

I hope this helps.:d

nicka117
October 19th, 2008, 21:43
Wow Grizzly, thanks for the help! The reason I like to have control over the captions, hud items etc, is that sometimes I like to make vids of the action and it looks more realistic--especially when I do it in black and white. Thanks again!

lewis11777
October 20th, 2008, 13:51
Fyi.

lewis11777
October 20th, 2008, 14:04

lewis11777
October 20th, 2008, 14:08

gaw
October 20th, 2008, 14:48
yep.....the vids are better w/out the clutter a lot of actually use on the wing.....and if you're a purist, don't forget you can disable all that stuff with the configuration wrench thingie too