PDA

View Full Version : Sky Simulations DC-9 At Simmarket

doublecool
July 11th, 2009, 08:26
Looks pretty nice, anyone got it yet :kilroy:

http://secure.simmarket.com/sky-simulations-mcdonnell-douglas-dc-9-fsx.phtml

IanP
July 11th, 2009, 08:32
I'm going to be micro-reviewing it for simFlight - basically, it's systems heavy, but the VC graphics aren't very good.

I need to spend more time R'ing TFM before I try flying it again, though, because I had a fair few snags, which I suspect were either mainly or all user error.

I still find it amusing that the wheel brakes don't work if you don't turn the hydraulic pumps on... :running:

tigisfat
July 11th, 2009, 08:55
........but the VC graphics aren't very good....................

Sadly, I don't buy aircraft without AWESOME VCs anymore. I've been spoiled by a lot of great releases.

gajit
July 11th, 2009, 08:59
Some of the external screenshots don't look very exciting either - I think I will pass on this one. Im still waiting to see some good external screens of the CS 767 :kilroy:

warchild
July 12th, 2009, 11:56
i bought it last night. like they said above it's very systems heavy ( though FPS friendly ) and the VC text in high resolution is fuzzy. I'm not overly thrilled with the aileron authority either. Even after you figure out that you have to turn on the hydralics for anything to work, it's still sluggish in responding to controls. i think my biggest gripe though is i cant find where it installed the frikkin manual.

IanP
July 12th, 2009, 12:12
The manual is under Sky Simulations Software on your start / all programs, Pam. Obvious once you have found it, but not until then! :engel016:

(Don't ask how long it took me to look there. Just don't.)

deathfromafar
July 12th, 2009, 12:32
I'm not overly thrilled with the aileron authority either. Even after you figure out that you have to turn on the hydralics for anything to work, it's still sluggish in responding to controls.

Pretty much like the real "DeadlyCrash-9". Some of the retired oldtimers told me scary stuff about that plane.

I agree, the VC's textures could use a bit of cleaning up, resizing. The 3D look isn't terrible by any means. Interesting model.

tigisfat
July 12th, 2009, 12:54
I won't buy it because everyoine hates it, but it doesn't look that bad.:monkies:

deathfromafar
July 12th, 2009, 12:58
I won't buy it because everyoine hates it, but it doesn't look that bad.:monkies:
The VC maps remind me of earlier maps in like the old CS 727 and 707 which for their respective times were not bad. This VC looks better but I understand the sentiment here that maybe it is a bit backdated in that regards.

warchild
July 12th, 2009, 14:49
Pretty much like the real "DeadlyCrash-9". Some of the retired oldtimers told me scary stuff about that plane.

I agree, the VC's textures could use a bit of cleaning up, resizing. The 3D look isn't terrible by any means. Interesting model.

Hmmmm.. resizing..
I dont normally go in and mess with someoneelses work, but i diont think they'll mind too much if i just resized them.. might clean it up a bit..

yago9
July 12th, 2009, 18:03
I would pay about 30$ for it.It doesnt look to bad.

Pepere
July 12th, 2009, 18:25
I Purchased it. Overall I'm disappointed.

David

Pepere
July 16th, 2009, 05:35
I replaced the VC with the default B737 VC. Works good but wish I could get my F1 Super 80 panel to work with it. I can get it set up but if you are too close to the panel it disapears? like you are in 2D.

David

peter12213
July 17th, 2009, 19:42
looks ok to me

pcmeneg
July 20th, 2009, 03:12
Any bug found?