PDA

View Full Version : My UPCOMING VACATION!!!

Chacha
July 11th, 2009, 07:48
Daughter and I are finally GRANTED a Vacation out of State (long story)! And we are staying here:

"Jewel Of The Desert"

http://arizonabiltmore.com/?WT.mc_id=1WA2HHC3SearchResults4Homepage6PHXBMWA7L ocalSite

Ahhh ... vacation....

My 80th Birthday celebration!!!

fun...... :icon29: :icon29: :icon29: :icon29: :ernae: :applause:

Eli

Panther_99FS
July 11th, 2009, 08:03
Wow!
I used to be stationed in Arizona.

Enjoy yourself & don't forget to show us the pictures! :applause::applause:

hey_moe
July 11th, 2009, 08:50
Where are my tickets and what room did ya get for me.:jump::jump::jump:

jmig
July 11th, 2009, 08:53
Have tons of fun and relaxation on a well deserved vacation.

Happy Birthday!

mike_cyul
July 11th, 2009, 09:10
Have a good one! :ernae:

Mike

TARPSBird
July 11th, 2009, 09:51
Eli, you're heading out there at the hottest time of the year but if you're up to it then have a good time. :)
Back in the 1930's my Mom worked as a nanny for a filthy rich family in Chicago. In the winter months they would stay at the Arizona Biltmore and of course Mom went with them. She loved it out there. VIP guests like Mom's employer had access to the hotel's stables whenever they wanted to go riding and Mom had her own horse. She always kept fond memories of the time she spent in Arizona.

paiken
July 11th, 2009, 10:07
Practically in my backyard. :applause: I live about 2 miles from the Biltmore. Bring LOTS of sunscreen and prepare for the blast furnace. It's going to be 115 today and tomorrow, with lows in the mid to upper 90's :jump:

cheezyflier
July 11th, 2009, 11:01
wow! the pics look really nice! i hope you have the best time ever. :applause:

Chacha
July 11th, 2009, 12:51
Thanks fellas, I wish I can bring the SOH family over to the Waldorf=Astoria one of these days. How about I bring you guys here?:

http://www.theboulders.com/photo_gallery_new/resort.cfm?open=off

Daughter and I will be there on the 6th through the 18th, Ex delayed our trip. I will holler to all of you Arizonians!

TARPSbird, I did not know they have a stable there. My daughter loves horses, I gave her one as a gift on her 7th birthday. The horse won't fit our living room and can't eat cereal in the morning. He is 800 lbs. Trip to the stable every weekend and the heart breaking pain that i see in my daughters face everytime we leave her horsey, made me decide to sell him.

Hey Moe, Let me know when you want to bring Mrs. Moe, We can arrange for your accomodations. Thanks, Jmig! Birthday is not till the 13th!

I will make sure I bring my own AC unit. Lots of films for my digital camera? Did i say films? :icon_lol:

Eli :running:

paiken
July 11th, 2009, 16:06
...oops, lows in the mid to upper 80's. BTW, no horses at the Biltmore anymore. Totally surrounded by homes and businesses, and of course the golf courses. You can walk over to the late Paul Harvey's winter home from the hotel.:running: Just look for the eagle sculpture in the yard; can't miss it. Senator McCain has a condo 'bout a mile from the hotel as well, but it's in a high rise with lot's 'o security, and chances are he's in Sedona anyway.

java2srv
July 11th, 2009, 16:17
If you want to cool off a bit you can head up the "Beeline Hiway" to Payson and that will put you right up the the mountains. Tonto and Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests, Mogollon Rim. Pretty country.:jump:

Lionheart
July 11th, 2009, 16:19
Have fun ChaCha! That is one amazing hotel. They play classic music on the golf course from speakers hanging in the trees.

Beware of solar radiation. Wear lots of aluminum foil to keep yourself from igniting in the scorching heat.

I think that somehow, Phoenix is closer to the sun then any other part of Earth, except Death Valley.. You have Death Valley, and Valley of the Sun, or Valley of eradiated concrete and dust. ;)

That is one fabulous hotel. Designed by the great Frank Lloyd Wright, it is indeed a jewel of the desert. Even today, the architecture is quite advanced and seemingly timeless.

Not far from there is the Wrigley Estate mantion on top of that hill. I was a car Valet there a time or two years ago, shuffling cars back and fourth during a wedding. What a view from up there.

Bill

Snuffy
July 11th, 2009, 16:37
Have a good time ... try to relax! :ernae:

Cloud9Gal
July 11th, 2009, 20:07
Have a GREAT time Chacha! You and your daughter deserve it! Vacation time is always a good time!

Have fun and be safe my friend! :wavey: